Long Cap Tally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Long Cap Tally

Don't know how this would fit around a cap.

For your review...

Attached Files
    RonR

Attached Files
    RonR

Comment

Attached Files
      RonR

Comment

Attached Files
        RonR

Comment

-9-
          Attached Files
          RonR

Comment

Hi Ron,

IMO a nice metal threaded cap tally.

There are 4 halb flotille in the fleet, I have 1 & 2 already but this appears uncut and unused even.

Nice piece mate

Best
            JustinC

Comment

Ron,

That's a nice wire tally. It would fit, just as the Graf Spee did
              Attached Files

Comment

Most do fit, it gets harder with a smaller size Tellermuetze. Personally, I wouldn't change the tally out on this IMO.

A nice piece shown Ron.

My longest tally spelled out I believe (just off the top of my head)
                Unterseebootsbeglietschiff Erwin WaSner

Regards,
                JustinG
                Last edited by JustinG; 06-02-2013, 11:12 PM.

Comment

Thanks guys!

Have a few more...some still in their original wrap...yet to photo.

Will put them up as time permits...

Attached Files
                  RonR

Comment

I see you are using paperclips. May I warn you and say that these can perforate the material, create a weakness to the material and cause it to eventually break.
                    My suggestion to store tallies is to not have any severe bends. Loosely folded or my favorite way, in 35mm film canisters.
                    Also the metal in the paperclip can possibly react to the thread used by the tally and further the oxidation process causing your tally to become dingy and dull over time.

Regards,
                    JustinG

Comment

Originally posted by JustinG View Post
                      I see you are using paperclips. May I warn you and say that these can perforate the material, create a weakness to the material and cause it to eventually break.
                      My suggestion to store tallies is to not have any severe bends. Loosely folded or my favorite way, in 35mm film canisters.
                      Also the metal in the paperclip can possibly react to the thread used by the tally and further the oxidation process causing your tally to become dingy and dull over time.

Regards,
                      JustinG
                      Hi,

Very nice tallies, but I agree with Justin about the paperclips use. Paperclips oxidates in few times and are very dangerous to the tallies. 35mm film canister are the best way to storage it fom me too.

Best Regards,

Ricardo

Comment

Hi,

What tally is the Marinenachrichtenstelle...? Not sure if I have seen one before for this name?

Please post pictures

Best

JustinC

Comment

Thanks to all for the advice, and Justin, will start a separate thread on that one!

Best regards,
                          RonR

Comment

Originally posted by JustinG View Post

Regards,
                            JustinG
                            Good spot Justin. I agree completely.

John

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X