Opinion on Kriegsmarine Buttons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinion on Kriegsmarine Buttons

I picked up these six buttons at a antique market today and was wondering if they are the real deal. They are glass uniform buttons marked kriegsmarine 19HGM42 and some kriegsmarine 19HGM43. If someone could give me a fair ballpark worth one of them. Any help would be appreciated!

Yes 100% original ww-2

Comment

Thank you kindly, is there a reason to why some are brown some are translucent and so on? What would one button be worth(is 42 more valuable than 43)?

Comment

Salut,

They were all looking like the middle right one or sandy colour painted before they lost their finish. Unfortunately that makes them pretty useless to restore a tunic... and since they are quite easy to find in good condition/original finish...

Comment

Hi,
          Like sturman told you, they are common and have lost most of their paint.
          Otherwise, there is no difference btw a 1942 and a 1943 button as they have been produced btw 1941 and 1944. I would say it is less common to encounter a 1944 glass button...
          Best

Comment

Salut,

Thank you gentlemen my final question being, I have encountered brass metal and now glass buttons. Were glass buttons reserved for a certain branch of the Kriegsmarine? ( eg costal artillery, u boat, merchant)

Cheers
            B

Comment

Originally posted by Beattie-B View Post
              Salut,

Thank you gentlemen my final question being, I have encountered brass metal and now glass buttons. Were glass buttons reserved for a certain branch of the Kriegsmarine? ( eg costal artillery, u boat, merchant)
              From 1941, some manufacturers like JFS experimented for the first time such glass buttons. It is only with the aim of sparing precious metals (non-ferrous metals) like cover, aluminium...
              Hope it could help you!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X