Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kriegsmarine compass

Hi gents!

Any information on this Kriegsmarine compass is most welcome. Marked with Steger jr. Kiel, and it comes with an original wooden box and cable for mounting internal/night light from the bottom of the compass housing.

Also, what value are we talking here?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards
    Trond

Anyone?

On what kind of ship may this have been used?

I've been estimated a value around 650 Euro's, does this sound fair to those who deal with this kind of objects?

Comment

I am searching my records, From my limited knowledge, this eagle strikes me a bit strange. I haven't seen an eagle like this where the swastika fits so well in the wreath and the eagle wings are stepped down so sharp from the 2nd to third inner feather step.

Considering this piece a period piece. Price is what ever someone will pay for an item like this. the markings are clear and it could be displayed nicely. IMHO However, these pieces are heavy to ship, so your location and shipping restrictions are going to be your biggest deterrent.
      Estimating that this weighs 30kg with case and all correct?
      So factoring in the 650Euro you are estimating fair market value plus the oversize shipping, it can easily get pretty expensive and out of many peoples comfortable price range.

Regards,
      JustinG

Comment

Thanks Justin, but I have to clearify two things here; first of all, it's not mine. Second, it's not for sale. Just helping a fellow collector out in order to hopefully get some more information and an reliable estimate of value.
        Last edited by bnz41; 05-09-2013, 02:54 AM.

Comment

kriegsmarine compass

yes it is an odd looking eagle, but 100 % authentic IMO

Comment

Ok, well if your friend is looking for appraisal value, 650Euro is a good ball park for say an insurance appraisal. Getting more people to give their value for an item like this would help especially with specialty insurers as militaria is very difficult to obtain originality as there are many things out there that can and do have cheaper knock offs.

Posting a comment before asking members to value this item with the purpose for say, insurance would help not only your friend but also supply the insurance company and know that the item that they are insuring is indeed worth that much in a collectors fair market value.

Regards,
            JustinG

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X