Bullion cap eagle...application???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bullion cap eagle...application???

Hello folks. I picked up this nice gilt bullion wire KM officer's bird a few days ago, and was wondering what the general consensus might be regarding its application (whether on a soft cap / M43 type, or Schirmmuetze of some sort. It measures 2 3/4 inches long and 1 1/4 inches in height. Green wool obverse backing w/ purplish-blue reverse backing material. Could be a theater made piece judging by the construction, however the detailing is quite nice. A few pix below, and appreciate any feedback. Thank you.
    Attached Files

Nice eagle, beautiful bullion work. Judging by the eagles flat appearance and nice condition I would assume this was on visor IMO.

Comment

Thanks for commenting. My sentiments also...I unfortunately am NOT doing it any justice w/ my camera, as the details to the eagles face and the wreath details are particularly nice and are not being sufficiently represented by my less than perfect photos. Appreciate your feedback!

Comment

I agree, with the quality, one would assume this would wind up on a coastal artillery Visor.
        Nice eagle.

Regards,
        JustinG

Comment

Thanks, my thoughts exactly.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X