Breast Eagle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Breast Eagle

What do you guys think of this breast eagle? Any opinions are welcome and I thank you for taking your time.
    Attached Files

Hi Ralph,

Great eagle. There are some great threads on the metal summer breast eagles in the Kriegsmarine Uniforms and Equipment forum including a long one which includes some examples of your type of eagle (amongst others).

That type comes with two different setups - yours and a crimped-in variety. Tim B. posted his silver administrative version with the crimped hardware here:
    http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...72#post4562572

and Jean-Claude posted both setups of the gold version in posts 65 and 66 here:
    http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...90#post5417190

Best regards,
    ---Norm

Comment

Norm thank you. You have answered my question on this, I thank you for taking your time to help me as you have many times before. Ralph

Comment

Nice one.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Arndt View Post
          Norm thank you.
          My pleasure, as always, Ralph.

Best regards,
          ---Norm

Comment

Great summer bird Ralph!

It's the first time I see a silver version of this pattern (welded hardware) : perfect match for the gold one I posted in post #66 of the thread Norm mentioned earlier

Congratulations

JC

Comment

Originally posted by Jean-Claude View Post
              It's the first time I see a silver version of this pattern (welded hardware) : perfect match for the gold one I posted in post #66 of the thread Norm mentioned earlier
              I thought the one Ralph posted was indeed a gold one and not silver. It seems just a trick of the lighting in the photo that lightens the colour?

Best regards,
              ---Norm

Comment

It's as gold as the one in post # 66. The flash of the camera made it look silver.

Comment

Sorry for the confusion Ralph & Norm

Maybe my glasses are due for an upgrade again but it sure looked silver to me. Finish looks almost the same as the satin silver of the 3rd eagle (type 2-crimped hardware) I posted in post # 77

Still, a beautiful bird Ralph congrats!

Regards

JC

Comment

You're not the only one JC, I too thought the bird was silver and the photo was just dark, making it appear off.

Tim

Comment

Originally posted by Tim B. View Post
                      You're not the only one JC, I too thought the bird was silver and the photo was just dark, making it appear off.

Tim
                      Thanks Tim, reassuring to know I'm not the only one! Now I can postpone the eye doctor appointment for a while and invest the ensuing money in a few TR trinkets

Take care

JC

Comment

Lucky you JC,

My money will unfortunately be invested in the IRS!

Tim

Comment

Originally posted by Tim B. View Post
                          Lucky you JC,

My money will unfortunately be invested in the IRS!

Tim
                          I used to have your problem too when I worked but now that I'm retired both the Federal and Provincial Goverment help themselves first and give me the leftovers as a monthly pension cheque...Its probably as severe or even worse than before but I dont feel as bad because I dont have to give them any back at year end: they've already bleed me dry throughout the year

Night Tim!

JC

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X