EdelweissAntique

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kriegsmarine Korvettenkapitän tunic and trousers: GOOD OR NOT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Michel, you are right about the breast pocket, I'd missed this, strange ??? About left side button is not rare to find reefers with left side long shanks, maybe replaced. Anyway agree that is a very special piece and have to be careful with it.
    Collector of Kriegsmarine and Küstenartillerie items

Regards
    Eduardo

Collecting Kriegsmarine !!!: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=725610

sigpic "Deutsche Kriegsmarine"

Comment

I also missed the pocket! (Must be going blind)

Here is an officer colani from Weitze (also no pocket and oversize buttons), but the "thickness" of construction (and material) is much different from this jacket.
      Is this a combo colani/reefer???

P.S. Interesting that both are Engineering.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Leroy; 02-16-2013, 01:46 PM. Reason: Photos

Comment

due to the fact that the pocket is missing, i had also the weitze tunic in mind and put my opinion on this topic
        never say never, but i would be very carefully and make some more investigation
        material seems to be officer style indeed

Comment

Originally posted by Leroy View Post
          Here is an officer colani from Weitze (also no pocket and oversize buttons), but the "thickness" of construction (and material) is much different from this jacket.
          Is this a combo colani/reefer???
          The Jacket from Weitze is a Collani. There was a command at the end of war that the new Officers should use their Collani furthermore.

The Jacket here in the forum looks like a mix of Reefer/Collani, but in my Opinion nothing for a Stuff Officer.

Comment

Here is a photo posted here last year by a member showing an officer wearing a colani (or "Collani").
            Attached Files

Comment

In theory, it's impossible for a senior officer to accept a tunic like this one, even made in a foreign country (especialy in France).
              The most important is to determine if this tunic is born like this or been modified for a KM one. Without better pictures it will be impossible to tell.
              So at this time, I will say "not for my collection".
              Ohne Seemacht, keine Weltmacht !

Collection : http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=522068

Always interested by Kriegsmarine headgear, uniform and U-Boot related items.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X