für Verdienste um die Freizeitgestaltung in der Truppe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

für Verdienste um die Freizeitgestaltung in der Truppe

Yesterday I received a photo, bought on Ebay. It shows a unusual award, given to units, not persons. As the name mentions, the award could be bestowed to units who did a good job with programs and activities in the soldiers free time. According Klaus D. Patzwall''s book on Kriegsmarine awards, it was instituted by the Stationskommando der Nordsee and measured 35 x27 cm.

The text on the photo mentions 'die Dienststelle 6.Kompanie 4.SStA (Verwaltungs.(?)...kompanie) ist auf Grund von Verdiensten um die Freizeitgestaltung in der Truppe der Ankerschild (?) verliehen worden'

At first it might seem a strange award, why should the spare time be important. But it was considered of great value that soldiers should be educated as well, and learning things in their spare time was one of those things. Cultural trips to Paris for KM personnel in France is another example of this. For who wants to know more about this subject, I can recommend the books of Konteradmiral Siegfried Sorge.(Der Marineoffizier als Führer und Erzieher)

Does anyone have an example of this shield in his collection? Never saw a real one, only photos. The example on my photo is also different than the one in Patwall's book.

Kind regards,

Maurice
    Attached Files

This is the first time I've seen/heard of it. Very interesting item, and there can't have been very many awarded.

best
    Hank
    Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
    ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Hallo,
      I have one . I'll try to post a photo in & week time. I have previously only seen one in the bender book "uniforms & traditions of the KM" vol 3.

Comment

old thread. but here is an Picture of theat shield. But in an broken condition
        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for showing this.

Comment

Lol I can imagine what "cultural trips to Paris" entailed!

Comment

I just got hold of a shield like this. Waiting for it to arrive in the mail.

I found a picture on e-medals that shows this type of shield being awarded to a troop and the best part of the picture is that you can see the back side of the shield. it matches the shield I got perfectly.
              You can also see that the document that is also being awarded with the shield is similar to the one in the picture posted by maurice.

if anyone have any more pictures of shields like this, the document or any information, please post it.

Regards,
              André
              Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

The photo from e-medals.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X