KM Narvik 1940 - my cap tallys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KM Narvik 1940 - my cap tallys

After nearly 5 years of searching I've finally managed to gather cap tallys from all 10 German destroyers which fought at Narvik 1940.

Especially the cap tally Zerstörer Anton Schmitt can be a real task getting a hold on since this destroyer was the last one named, and put into service just a short time before this order was issued to introduce the tally KRIEGSMARINE for use in war time.

I'm very happy that I've managed to get them all now

Mvh. AH
    Attached Files

Congrats! Very nice collection!

Comment

BRAVO !!! Bilbert

Comment

100 percent tally ho

Ho Ho Ho it's a Tally Christmas in Narvik. Congratulations on accumulating your tenth Narvik Destroyer Tally. Good Show.

Comment

Very nice - congrats with completing the Narvik Zerstörers!!

Believe JustinG still is searching for the Schmitt and Koellner tallies - looking forward to see his reaction

Comment

Amazing to have found all the Norway destroyers. Extremely difficult to do. Congratulations.

John

Comment

Originally posted by A.H. Thomassen View Post
              After nearly 5 years of searching I've finally managed to gather cap tallys from all 10 German destroyers which fought at Narvik 1940.

Especially the cap tally Zerstörer Anton Schmitt can be a real task getting a hold on since this destroyer was the last one named, and put into service just a short time before this order was issued to introduce the tally KRIEGSMARINE for use in war time.

I'm very happy that I've managed to get them all now

Mvh. AH

Very nice done to catch them all

Andy

Comment

Job well done, some hard to find examples among them !

Best regards

Eric-Jan

Comment

Hi A.H,

OUTSTANDING collection!! Congratulations!! Another goal to aspire to oneday. I have a few of them already but yeah these are hard to come by!

Thanks for sharing

Best wishes,

JustinC

Comment

Thanks friends for your nice words - they're truly appreciated

Its been almost an everlasting task getting all the tallies together, but with patience I've been able to secure them all.

Originally posted by Frank K View Post
                    Believe JustinG still is searching for the Schmitt and Koellner tallies - looking forward to see his reaction
                    I've been able to help out my friend JustinG with the DvR tally, but as I've written earlier especially this Zerstörer Anton Schmitt sure is a hard nut to crack. Hopefully he'll be able to round up the missing tallies

Mvh. AH

Comment

I bet these display well. ..Congratulations

Comment

Spectacular effort.

-Ray-

Comment

Congratulations my friend. These are incredible. Glad that you were able to achieve your dream of gaining the Zerstörer fleet in Narvik.

Yep, I am still looking for the Erich Koellner and Anton Schmitt. I am glad that you were able to achieve this as now, we are not looking for the same items.

You are close now, you could easily decide to make a run and get the entire Destroyer fleet.

They look incredible. Really great

Best regards,
                          JustinG

Comment

Thanks for your kind words my friend - truly appreciated!

We both know the struggle to gather these Narvik-tallies and I hope that both you and our mutual swedish friend manages to get all 10 of these Mützenbänder.

On the other hand I might go all in on these Zerstörer tallies - I've only got 8 more to collect and the sleepless nights over the Narvik tallies must by now be history so why not

Originally posted by pantherv View Post
                            I bet these display well. ..Congratulations
                            Everyone who collects tallies have one thing in common for sure besides the interest in the tallies themselves - how to display these in some kind of presentable fashion. The more the tallies the more the challenges

Here's the way I've decided to portray my Zerstörer Georg Thiele Mützenband. The photo itself is an original one of Thiele, and with the accompanying Mützenband I think that I came out with some kind of honour.

Mvh. AH
                            Attached Files

Comment

What a great idea and well focused collection! I am all over the place with my collecting theme...(no focus!!)
                              Well done!The majority of thes ships were lost during the Norwegian campaign if I remember correctly...
                              The surviving KM crew members acting as infantry using captured Norwegian equipment!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X