Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trousers for the KM(?) Field Grey Uniform

Good afternoon,

I picked these trousers up last week and would like to put them on the E-stand, but wanted to get a sanity check first to eliminate any confusion on the part of potential buyers as to whether they’re meant for the KM or Heer.

I personally believe these are for the Kriegsmarine’s Field Grey uniform as worn by Coastal Artillery and/or shore-based personnel vs. the Heer’s M-36 – M-42 uniforms. I base this on the the fact that the color is much closer to what I’ve encountered in German or French produced field-grey garments for the KM that have pre-war or early war (1940/41ish) dates, they are of the superior quality wool as found on early/pre-war garments, and they carry a French maunfacturer’s stamp and size configuration (neither of which I have ever encountered on Heer trousers or tunics).

The 82/76cm corresponds to a 32 ¼ “ waist x 30” inseam .

All opinions are appreciated.

Thanks!

Bob
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Last pic.
          Attached Files

Comment

Wow, nobody has anything to say about these. I guess they're rarer than I thought

Comment

Nice original trousers.

Comment

Appreciate the feedback. I agree they're original (came right out of an estate clearance in Oklahoma about 10 days ago), but what I'm really looking for from the KM's field grey gurus is whether-or-not they think these were produced by the French for the KM, or could they be used for the Heer based on this manufacturer's stamp in known KM garments?

I compared a number of Heer uniform items produced between 1935 -1944 (didn't have anything from 1936) and the shades are way off. My KM field grey visor and 1940-dated Coastal Artillery O/S cap are almost a dead match.

I'm going with KM and will list them that way.

Thanks again for your comment.

Originally posted by galizien41 View Post
                Nice original trousers.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X