KM mess jacket research

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KM mess jacket research

I am trying to research a bit about my oberleutnant medical officer mess jacket.
    Inside it's written San. Kadett Thiele 4283 - 1936/III.

As I thought that kadetts were not using this type of uniform, I never actually tried to research a bit deeper.

I tried to find more details about possible original owners, and I have found two Thiele named doctors in Kriegsmarine:

Thiele Werner Dr. U-373. Surv sinking. U-1222+ W.of La Rochelle 11.07.1944 24.06.1913
    Thiele Dr. Arvid StabsArzt "BISMARCK"+ 27.05.1941 07.10.1912

Now I'd like any help to narrow the reserch. Where can I get more info about above mentioned Kriegsmarine officers?

Here are two photos of my jacket:
    Attached Files

OK, first hint:

- Angolia, book 1, page 334, says: "The mess dress with blue jacket and the blue vest was also permitted for senior and junior officer candidates. For junior officer candidates and cadets it served as walking-out dress, but with a slightly modified jacket for cadets".

Now looking at my jacket I cannot see any modification which is making it different from other mess jackets, but I think if it ever was modified that was changed later when full officer rank tresse was added.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
    X