Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

French jacket stuffed sheep mdle 38

Hello
    I get this French Jacket stuffed sheep used by KriegsMarine .
    All buttons are original applied .
    Mathieu
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

very nice. I am looking for one, also.

Comment

hallo RoyalDragon ,

I have seen them on period photos. Can you tell us more about it please ?
      thanks

Comment

Jacket

Claim it is SS and Cash in big, I have seen that done.
        Attached Files

Comment

the distinct features on these jackets are the cuffs. Recently there was a German issue sold on ebay for over 200 bucks.

I have only seen these cuffs on KM photos. The photos in the above post lack the cuffs.

I like one of these for my collection as well, but there ain't much of these....

Comment

hello
            this jacket sheepskin jacket is a French Regulatory Model 1938, for mechanized troops. It is presented in its original version with buttons. This jacket is a liner. Of major stock were seized by the German army and these models were widely distributed to the Navy. Collars are sometimes added. The first photo shows a jacket Model 38 with the modification of the fur collar on a zipp on side . The second photo, It is not a jacket of a Model 38 but in a sheepskin jacket made ​​in Germany. Jacket Model 38 is recognizable by its color fabric reinforcements clear that separate piece of skin. . There are 5 buttons. it has pieces of fabric sleeves. It has a martingale in the back. These jackets Model 38 are not common.
            Thank you to you
            Mathieu

Comment

I added two photos showing 38 Models jacket worn by submariners. The first photo Korvettenkapitän Lehmann Willenbrock Door Model 38 French jacket with fur collar white sheep half round was amended by franais to equip battalions hunter Narvik. This modification is a modification French. The second photo shows the jacket 38 unmodified on the deck of a UBOOT;
              mathieu
              [IMG][/IMG]
              [IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Thanks for posting this most interesting information Mathieu.
                I hope you don't mind I'm just uploading your period photos from the host server so they don't get lost.

Best regards,
                ---Norm
                Attached Files

Comment

Hello Mathieu,

Thanks to share, a great find.

Sincerely, Benoit

Comment

Hello,

This jacket is originally a sub-jacket for protection against the cold for French motorcyclist.
                    Mountain troops of Colonel Bethouar have widely used it in Narvik due to the good coverage against the cold and comfort provided.
                    That's why this jacket is now called "Narvik jacket".

Germans submariners quickly appreciated this jacket and usually worn it in the North Atlantic, Artic and even Mediterranean Sea.

A variation of this jacket exists, almost identical, but with the collar added. This one is much less common.

Best regards,

Michel
                    Attached Files
                    Ohne Seemacht, keine Weltmacht !

Collection : http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=522068

Always interested by Kriegsmarine headgear, uniform and U-Boot related items.

Comment

Back side.

Attached Files

Comment

In bord.

Attached Files

Comment

Variante with collar.

Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Michel.

John

Comment

re-

Merci Mathieu & Michel for those explainations

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X