Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Collartabs for review

Gents,

Does these two stand the chance of being original?

thanks,

Michiel

I am not seeing any photos or link.

Regards,
    JustinG

Comment

attempt 2 then:
      Attached Files

Comment

I like what I see...

Cheers!

Comment

thanks Frank!

Comment

I agree, these look like nice samples.
            Regards,
            JustinG

Comment

thanks Justin, I needed a nice pair for on my stripped colani.... I was pretty sure on these, but don't want to be surpised when they are allready on a jacket.

Off to my restorator!

Comment

Original tabs, but just a thought: don't these look like LW medical tabs from the recent German stash?

Comment

Originally posted by Dmv View Post
                  Original tabs, but just a thought: don't these look like LW medical tabs from the recent German stash?
                  Is there any difference or were they all from the same supplier to both KM and LW?

Best regards,
                  ---Norm

Comment

Originally posted by Norm F View Post
                    Is there any difference or were they all from the same supplier to both KM and LW?

Best regards,
                    ---Norm
                    They all were LW and LW alone, all branches.
                    They were all of the same construction as posted by Michiel: Same backing, velvet like material (my description). That''s why my remark.

The interesting question is: was LW medical branch the same color and or size as KM?
                    I personally believed the KM patches to be of a bit lighter blue?

Also note Michiels one was sewn to something once...(if period, notice it has no traces of LW gulls, which would indicate KM again (confusing huh?)

Comment

you say recently surfaced?
                      these also recently surfaced, from an German attic in an all KM lot. From an private estate sale, among it where signalflags, KM soldbuch, buttons and some more insignia.

these also lack the presence of any trace of LW birdies, and the thread remnants are 100% darkblue KM. So I seriously doubt these where LW.

But I'll gladlyl make some measurements and post them here!

Comment

Ok, Michiel please take some measurements.
                        Will do the same for the LW pair I have.
                        Still interesting to see if there are any size differences between LW and KM.
                        If you got these as a private estate sale lot with KM stuff, then you can considder these KM

Comment

it's 4x6 cm

Comment

These are from the LW stash...ofcourse difference because of flash/artificial light etc.

Size: 3,8 x 5,8
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Dmv; 10-09-2012, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X