2nd Kreuzer Prinz Eugen muetzenband

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KM-NZ View Post
    Quick question; how many sanitaterschule were there ? Did they only wear the generic Marinesanitatsschule tally no matter where the school was ?
    Also anyone have a good guess of how many tallies there actually are ?

I believe there's only the generic Marinesanitätsschule, have never seen other.

Believe there are some 400+ tallies if we're talking about Kriegsmarine but think that Justin better can answer that.
    Last edited by Frank K; 09-03-2012, 05:10 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Greetings, Yes Frank, I am needing this particular tally.

I really don't know how many tallies are out there. I have been working on obtaining quite a number of them, however, there are different variations. Marineschule Muerwick is a great example, I have seen it spelled with the :ue" and the umlaut over the "U"
      To the best of my knowledge, I am only missing the Unterseebootstender/Begleitschiff Mosel. But, I have never seen and don't even know how this particular unit was listed in the KM muetzenbander.

The Schnellbootstender/Begleitschiff Tsingtau is a mystery as well. Both Erich and I have been looking for any proof of this tally existance. Yet to find.
      Schiffstammabteilung is 12 so far. Haven't seen a 13. Does it exist? Don't know?

I maybe Bernd, Dani, or Markus could shed some light on this.

Regards,
      JustinG

Comment

Here's a list. Now there are several errors that are present. But, this is the closest example I can find.
        Markus and Bernd published a book dealing with Muetzenbander. Unfortunately, I don't have a copy and it is out of print.

Some are RM, some never existed. The Kreuzer Berlin and others were Reichsmarine, so they wouldn't have the gothic script.
        There was only the 1st and 2nd Schnellbootsflottille. Never was a 3, 4, 5, or 6th.
        Not met a collector yet who believes the Bismarck or the Tirpitz has a tally.
        As stated: this is a good rough start but there are some holes.

http://www.kieler-jung.de/katalog/kmarineliste.htm

Regards,
        JustinG

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X