• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice stuff.....it only is now in the wrong city

Etienne

Comment

Originally posted by Schiffstamm14 View Post
      For historical research purposes I am trying to find the names of the company commanders of the 2nd and 3rd Kompanie in September 1944. Who has more information on them, or on Matrose Walter Stachelroth?
      I've got them on a photo, don't believe that I got their names. They where among those wo went to the Marine-Schützen-Regiment 111 right?

you can send me a message if you want the photo.

Michiel

Comment

For historical research purposes I am trying to find the names of the company commanders of the 2nd and 3rd Kompanie in September 1944. Who has more information on them, or on Matrose Walter Stachelroth?
        Schyf,

Could this be your man ?

Best regards

Eric-Jan

Walter Stachelroth

Walter Stachelroth ruht auf der Kriegsgräberstätte in Ysselsteyn.
        Endgrablage: Block M Reihe 6 Grab 138
        Nähere Informationen zu diesem Friedhof erhalten Sie hier.
        Name und die persönlichen Daten des Obengenannten sind auch im Gedenkbuch der Kriegsgräberstätte verzeichnet. Sie können gern einen Auszug bei uns bestellen.
        Bitte beachten Sie, dass auf einigen Friedhöfen nicht die aktuelle Version ausliegt, somit kann der Name Ihres Angehörigen darin evtl. noch nicht verzeichnet sein.
        Nachname:
        Stachelroth

Vorname:
        Walter

Dienstgrad:
        Matrose

Geburtsdatum:

Todes-/Vermisstendatum:

Comment

Hi,

as the name Stachelroth is not so common in Germany, I personally think the chance is high that this is the person.
          Regards
          Christian
          Attached Files

Comment

By then they where no longer the 14. SSTA, in the first week of september the Fregatten Kapitän M.A. Leopold Bode (the former commander of the 14. SSTA) took over command of the Marine-Schützen-Regiment 111.

The men of 14. SSTA where divided over several units in Holland, almost the entire 5th company was for instance reassigend as Kustenartillerie.

Comment

Yes, that is the one Eric-Jan. He is indeed buried at Ysselsteyn. KIA southeast of the Arnhem road bridge. The HQ of 14th Schiffsstamm Abteilung was located in Elden during the battle. I think Stachelroth was in the 3. Kompanie, but want to be sure. Another one of the same unit was Matrose Raimund Schober (also KIA 18 Sept and buried at Ysselsteyn). There was also a man named Smook (could be misspelled as there is nu such man listed by the Kriegsgräberfürsorge.

Comment

By the way, my name is Frank

Comment

very nice documents, thanks for sharing

Comment

Y..... There was also a man named Smook (could be misspelled as there is nu such man listed by the Kriegsgräberfürsorge.
                    It is most probably this one:

Schmook, Hans
                    geb. am 09.08.1925, Gefreiter
                    KIA 18.09.1944

Regards
                    Christian

P.S.
                    The photos are from http://www.findagrave.com/ and made by a volunteer named Fred. Just to mention his credits http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&MRid=46792340
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by compressore; 08-27-2014, 11:02 AM.

Comment

Frank,

I will go through my files to confirm the three men above were form the 3rd Kompanie.

Cheers

Scott

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X