MilitariaPlaza

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to tell a ww2 tellermutze is the real deal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to tell a ww2 tellermutze is the real deal.

I would like to know how to decide if a tellermutze is ww2 or post war,what to look for and so on.

I would also like to see (if anyone have some to show) the insignia that is on.
    The reason i ask is that i plan to buy one ,but unfortunatly do not have the expertise yet.

I have searched the forum for answers,and found some but i would like some more info preferably with pictures.
    Hopefully someone here can help or maybe link me up to a tread i might have missed.

thanks

POST fotos is best... Billbert

Comment

Complete mine field, post pictures and let
      Expertise guide you.
      Cheers
      JustinC

Comment

Photos

well i don't have photos because i haven't bought yet.
        I've seen a lot for sale but i'm not comfertable to bid or buy since i don't know enough.
        Thats why i started this tread.
        But if i find some on the internet i will put them here.

Comment

I think you really need some good provenance. How do you know if the cap is from before 1933? Or early Bundesmarine?

Very hard to tell even if the cap has a proper cap tally and metal hardware.

You have two issues, maybe three. The frame of the cap, the cap cover or covers if not integral to the frame (meaning removable) and the hardware.

In regards to the covers, I like the ones which have the red name tag sewn inside. Hardware is pretty cut and dry. Again, I think it comes down to source and provenance.

John

Comment

Thanks for the replys.

You have two issues, maybe three. The frame of the cap, the cap cover or covers if not integral to the frame (meaning removable) and the hardware.

I know about the frame of the cap,but that's about all i know
            However i'm looking to learn.

I made a search earlier on these and looked at some photographs and from these photographs i found at least two variationes of the cap eagle ,the pictures were not to god or detailed, but am i right?

Further more i'm courious on what these metal hardwares look like, does the needle go vertical or horizontal on the eagle?

The kokarde or the other mark(not sure on the word) i have seen a long time ago
            on a original mutze ,and this one had three prongs on the back if i'm remember right,is this also correct.

I would also like if someone could recomend some books about the kriegsmarine uniforms.

It would also be nice with some pictures ogf some original hardware and caps.
            Thanks

Comment

for a start there is this book:

the eagle/cocarde are in two versions, one as two individual pieces and one as a combined set. Both have a vertical needle.

I say, take a good look around here, do some searches on tellermutze and you certainly will find some!

Comment

That book is nice but way to less pics to learn about headgear or tunics.

And in this book there are KM awards shown by Baqueville and described as original. Ok, could be but Baqueville pieces are not proven to be wartime originals.
                It´s a nice picture book but nothing more.

"Torpedo Los" is IMO the better book.

Comment

Post war

Hi what about this one,is it post war? and what about the insignia they are connected.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

That is not how a tally was attached to the back of the cap. Please see attached image. By the way, this is a cap from a large Prinz Eugen group.

John
                            Attached Files

Comment

Look at this cap and compare it to yours.

John
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X