Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

question about signal patch

Hello,

I have here a KM signal patch,someone pointed it out to me that it was a bundes marine patch so post-war.Ca someone please give me an opinion of this patch if it is really post-war as i got it as a WW2 patch.Thanks for looking.
    Attached Files

Kriegs- and Bundesmarine used the same design.
    This looks like an older/correct ww2 version to me...

I raised questions about war/postwar insignia in the past having the exact same design, see:
    http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=574790
    Last edited by Dmv; 08-09-2012, 09:54 AM.

Comment

I believe it's a postwar BW piece.

Comment

Someone said it was post-war.Did you get your package ??

Comment

Originally posted by michiel01 View Post
          I believe it's a postwar BW piece.
          What makes you think that,could you point out why it is post war

Comment

When i look at the fabric and they way it is constructed it is the same as other WW2 patches i have had in my hand.I can make some more photos will post them tomorow

Comment

we are talking about the top (signals) patch only right. 'cause that's the one I commented on.

The patch is to small, thin embroidery, and when you will compare it to a WW2 patch the patch itself is thinner.

it's just not a right one, I had boxes full of those with the original BW stamps and labels.

Comment

Yes the top patch.I will make some close-up photos and then people can make a final judgement.

Comment

In the link I posted the exaxt same patch is marked wartime by member Bond.

Michiel, do you have photo's of the boxed BM patches? Did they have backing?

These are postwar and do have a smaller blitz:
                  Attached Files

Comment

These are clearly different then my patch.

Comment

Well as it was until recently my patch and I always thought it was good and when you compare it with post war examples it is nothing like them. Maybe the pic makes it look a bit odd, but if you compare it with the BM examples posted which are much smaller and thinner than the example in question and if you look at the head of the bolt it is a different shape to the BW examples, but is identical to other TR period examples.

Opinions can vary on items and if the consensus it that this is bad, I will sort it out with Wallace.

Jerry
                      Attached Files

Comment

Bond, there is still a difference in the thickness of the summer and winter (white and blue) cloth versions of the "blitz" in the photo you show. The white one I don't doubt is a KM patch.

but when you compare the two tails and bolts of both patches they don't match.

The full tail, not the bolt you are fully right on that part, is identical to the BW patches DMV shows.

or are my eyes just not working that good?

Comment

Originally posted by michiel01 View Post
                          Bond, there is still a difference in the thickness of the summer and winter (white and blue) cloth versions of the "blitz" in the photo you show. The white one I don't doubt is a KM patch.

but when you compare the two tails and bolts of both patches they don't match.

The full tail, not the bolt you are fully right on that part, is identical to the BW patches DMV shows.

or are my eyes just not working that good?
                          I can't see what you can Michiel and I think that is partly due to the pics. The blitz in question has a badly cut backing patch which might make it look a bit odd and I agree it is not identical to the white example from my collection, but there are plenty of manufacturers variations in TR cloth insignia, so I don't see a problem with it.

Beste,

Jerry
                          Attached Files

Comment

Hello!

I agree with jerry.

All the best Marine.

Comment

had this weekend the opportunity to have an identical patch for an hands on inspection. Seems good.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X