Junghans Stopwatch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Junghans Stopwatch

I found this one on eBay last week. It runs, but it runs super fast and needs serviced or adjusted. It even had an old ration stamp in the case. Any ideas on the manufacture date, etc?

junghansSW1 by briancre, on Flickr

junghansSW5 by briancre, on Flickr

Case

junghansSW6 by briancre, on Flickr

junghansSW4 by briancre, on Flickr

Comment

Back

junghansSW3 by briancre, on Flickr

inside by briancre, on Flickr

Comment

stamp

rationstamp by briancre, on Flickr

Comment

Is this pre-war due to the lack of the KM or eagle?

Comment

Someone on the Atlantik Pirat forum suggested it may be slightly postwar. Anyone else have any ideas?

Comment

I disagree that this watch is postwar (based on the style of the numerals, and the D.R.G.M. on the case).

Regards,
              Kent G.

Comment

This watch is not a postwar piece.

Comment

Thanks for the additional info on this. Now my next question is what significance does the lack of KM or eagle on it have?

Comment

Wartime timepiece for sure! D.R.G.M. means Deutsches Reich Gebrauchsmuster (German Reich Registered Design). The lacking of KM eagle makes it as civilian stuff. But doesn't means that wasn't use by a torpedo engineer to calculate the path of its 'babies'...

Cheers!

Comment

Hi again!

It was used also by Luftwaffe's bomber guy for special purpose...

Comment

Here is another Junghans 29a Kriegsmarine torpedo stop watch which I have decided to sell...

Regards, Florian

Comment

Brian

The lack of KM or eagle means clearly that your stopwatch was not bought by the german armed forces, so IMO it is a very nice civil wartime stopwatch.

Comment

Bassed on the evidence that I have seen on all manner of KM equipment, the KM property marks and Eagle M seem to have been widely (if not totaly) omitted from items sometime in 1944 and for some types of items even earlier in the war.

I think that other services used these watches as well, but having said all that I think that the key to dating these would be an understanding of the movement serial numbers and what that range was during the war.

I have a hard time that the watch posted by Brian C. is not wartime with that case finish (blackened steel) and the shock case that it is in is the DRGM marked item (not the watch) and it (the shock case) may or may not date exactly when the watch was made.

Comment

I have one just like it with an eagle. The case is designed to protect it from moisture and shock and is identical to KM issue watches. These were not only used for U-Boot and Torpedoes etc. and were a KM issue multipurpose item. Stop watches were also often used by Army Artillery officers etc.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X