Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KM bed linen, sheet

Hello Gents,

I laid my hands om some barrack items. Among that where these 3 pieces of bed linen.
    One of them is KM marked, one with ST. V.K. anyone knows what that last one means? and a plain one.

Is there anyone who has a wartime photo showing these checkered bed sheets? (the only one I could find on the net are on re-enactment sites...)

Here are some shots:

I thank you,

Michiel

Standort Verwaltung Kiel ?

Comment

Thanks Nico,

I found out that you are fully correct on that! Thanks.

Comment

Michiel,
        If you want to see these linens in use try looking through some photos of the crew bunks of U-boats. Forward torpedo room photos will show them in the back ground.
        The "Das Boot" studio museum shows them but that is post war. I will try to post a pic of the preserved U-505's torpedo room and you can see the linen.
        JAndrew
        Attached Files

Comment

JAndrew, I never thought of the torpedoraum! Thanks for the idea, it helped me finding what I was looking for! Found a wartime one with the checkered bed and pillowcover, thanks!!

Comment

In the book U-Boote by Histoire & Collections on page 59 there's a pic of a sailor in bed inside the U-boat, with such sheets. I don't have the scanner here now so I can't scan the photo but perhaps someone else can.

Best regards,
            Marcel

Comment

Thanks Marcel,

When I was asking the initial question, I must say I didn't looked any further then Barracks and other land bases options. The ships, let alone U-boats never crossed my mind....

Thanks for the hint, I have that book (thought I lended it to a friend, but not!) on page 106 there is also a very good shot of the sheet!

Thanks a lot for pointing out the book!!

Michiel

Comment

Hi,
                Hope this could help

find in ebay.

Unstrut

Comment

oooh that's a nice one! Thanks a lot!!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X