KM Armbanduhr / Wrist Watch "Siegerin"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KM Armbanduhr / Wrist Watch "Siegerin"

Here is an example of one of numerous types of military wristwatches, this type ordered by and made for the Kriegsmarine and issued to personnel - officers, I believe. The navy watches had a white face dial. Over the years this example has acquired a patina which makes it look yellow.

Gordon Williamson in his book, "Torpedo los!" on page 308 states, "Though the casing was fairly utilitarian (usually silver-plated brass) and plain, they contained high-quality jewelled movements...". On page 309 in describing KM pocket watches he adds that, "Class II watches were often devoid of the naval issue marking, but may be identified by the small letters 'K.M.' on the watch face."

This model is signed on the face, "K.M. / Siegerin". The reverse backplate bears a serial (or issue) number 126444. The inside of the backplate has the lettering "Edelstahlboden" which I believe translates in English to "Stainless Steel Base". On the face of the inside movement is stamped a number "595".

I hope that this is of interest to forum members. All comments and feedback welcome.

John
    Attached Files

Backplate images:
    Attached Files

Comment

Nice watch... They can still be found with white, not yellowish colour of the front, but look at the inside, how nice and clean it is...

I like those wathes...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
      X