Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LW tunic converted from KM tropical ?

Greetings gents,
    I picked this one up in Italy recently,was told it is a converted one from KM tropical tunic,any opinions and help from KM experts are much appreciated.
    Many thanks in advance,
    Best,
    Gustav
    Attached Files

rear
    Attached Files

Comment

front
      Attached Files

Comment

marking
        Attached Files

Comment

inside detail
          Attached Files

Comment

Km "brown" tunic with luft insignia, though when the conversion was made is hard if not impossible to tell.

Jerry

Comment

Nice one.

It's "brown uniform of the blue uniform" jacket.

I like it, would like to find one like that...

Comment

Originally posted by Bond View Post
                Km "brown" tunic with luft insignia, though when the conversion was made is hard if not impossible to tell.

Jerry
                Agree here with Bond's assesment. You can find these now and then for sale, passed off as LW tunics, even on a reputable website.

Either the sellers don't know better or just trying to sell it for what it is'nt.

-Ray-

Comment

An interesting pic posted on the AK forum said to be from early 1944, notice the uniform on the man with the visor. Also notice the coconut canteen, though not relevant to this thread, but an interesting thing to see.

This appears to show that it is possible for this type of conversion to have taken place during the period, but it does not prove that the thread starter was period done.

Jerry
                  Attached Files

Comment

Bond, that's an interesting photo for a few reasons;

- There are a few uniforms visible with scalloped pocket flaps.

-Also this reminds me of my mother in laws neighboor, (OF Babick DAK1941-43)as he related to me of his train ride to the POW camp in Concordia, KS. They were actually astonished that they were transported by train with actual leather padded seats, not just put in a frieght car. And of course the food and nice cigarettes. They ate better in the USA.

-Ray-

Comment

Originally posted by -Ray- View Post
                      Bond, that's an interesting photo for a few reasons;

- There are a few uniforms visible with scalloped pocket flaps.

-Also this reminds me of my mother in laws neighboor, (OF Babick DAK1941-43)as he related to me of his train ride to the POW camp in Concordia, KS. They were actually astonished that they were transported by train with actual leather padded seats, not just put in a frieght car. And of course the food and nice cigarettes. They ate better in the USA.

-Ray-
                      Lot's of items worthy of a mention in this pic, all those piped officers caps for one

Jerry

Comment

Hi there!

Interesting thread, and beautifull pic!!

I think that is the same old story... It's true that lots of 'no luftwaffe-born' stuff was wore by luftwaffe guys, as SS saharianas, Km jackets and so on. The problems is how to know if the jackets that we could be found was put on during the war or in more recent days by some smart delear...

Cheers!

Comment

Thanks guys ,
                          very interesting photo !!! I added also one with the similar conversion to LW tropical tunic,this conversions were made during the war for sure,there are many photos showing such converted pieces.....but,agree with others,nobody can ever tell for sure when the conversion was done - without direct vet provenance.
                          Best,
                          Gustav
                          Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X