Can someone help identify?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can someone help identify?

Hello, I am new to TR collecting and was at the Brimfield antique show over the weekend. One table had many TR items, but one in particular piqued my curiosity. It was a red vinyl backed book, with aluminum trim, very solid, and very heavy. On the cover was a gold cross. Inside were what appeared to be codes? I though it might be a book used on a sub? or Kriegsmarine at least. I wish I had taken some pictures, but I did not. Sorry to make this difficult.
    Any help appreciated.

Oh, I forgot to mention it said Oberkommando Kriegsmarine on the cover.

Comment

Hi, This does not sound like anything I recognize. Pictures are invaluable for this purpose; I know you said you forgot to acquire any.

Did is say Oberkommando Der Kriegsmarine on the inside cover or was it labeled on the outside.

Gold Cross: Like the Iron Cross or Deutsches Kreuz, or crucifix type cross?

So you were able to pick it up and determine the weight and the possible contents.

Don't know.

Regards,
      JustinG

Comment

I apologize for not taking pix The book was heavy, and had what appeared to be aluminum edges on it. The cross on the cover was what we in the US would recognize as a "medic" sign, seen on WW2 era ambulances. The cross was gold/yellow and the book bright red.
        The interior had stout, strong reinforced pages, and as I recall the Oberkommando was on the inside cover.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X