CollectorsGuild

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I have some opinions about this Kriegsmarine Bird..?..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I have some opinions about this Kriegsmarine Bird..?..

Hello All,

In my striving to get a good representation in uniforms of the german forces in denmark during the war, I ofcourse have come to the Kriegsmarine, and especially the Marien Küsten artillery.

would you please give me your opinions on this eagle..?..genuine..?..private-?/officer..?..or totally fake..?.

THANKS in advance, and take care,
    Hans Kristian

This is an interesting issue if others state that it is an original. I believe this is a private purchase original.
    IMHO: I believe that this is a private purchase, There are some interesting things that I spotted as you have provided good photos. I am curious about the thread building up almost an exaggerated 3D relief along the wreath. I assume that this eagle previously was glued to something with a white paper backing.

If you are going to restore a tunic, show the tunic, many people error when restoring these pieces and actually end up devaluing their original piece by trying to add or "restore". A Metal Breast KM eagle might also be an option.
    This is just my observations and opinions.

Regards,
    JustinG

Comment

Originally posted by JustinG View Post
      This is an interesting issue if others state that it is an original. I believe this is a private purchase original.
      IMHO: I believe that this is a private purchase, There are some interesting things that I spotted as you have provided good photos. I am curious about the thread building up almost an exaggerated 3D relief along the wreath. I assume that this eagle previously was glued to something with a white paper backing.

If you are going to restore a tunic, show the tunic, many people error when restoring these pieces and actually end up devaluing their original piece by trying to add or "restore". A Metal Breast KM eagle might also be an option.
      This is just my observations and opinions.

Regards,
      JustinG
      Hello Justin and thanls for the answer.
      I have been looking at many Kriegsmarine eagles, and I was a little "worried" about this eagle exactly for the same observation as you have done, the wreath. I have not come across others with the same "construction". I thought also about private purchase.
      I am not yet restoring a tunic - I need to find one first..but it is my plan, and I prefer a stripped tunic, but that is not too easy to find these days.

Hans Kristian

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X