KM career insignia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Amiklic,
    I was fooling around trying to make a label for my career insignia display and as I was researching the correct names I came across the same question you posed here about some of these insignia.
    From what I can tell these all come from the Angolia book and the information repeated by others. In books written before his came out I have found no mention of the Telephone and Radar Operators insignia. So far I have only seen drawings of the Telephone Operator and Radar Operator. I have seen one photo of a Telephone Mechanic badge which you have already shown here.
    On page 94 he shows the antiaircraft badge but if you read the explanation it sounds to me like this did not really exist and it was an improperly made NCO insignia.
    JAndrew

Comment

one like this was sold recently on eBay.
      Unfortunately I was away and offered low price.
      Attached Files

Comment

and here is one from Collector's Guild, unfortunately sold before I noticed it:
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by JAndrew View Post
          Hi Amiklic,
          I was fooling around trying to make a label for my career insignia display and as I was researching the correct names I came across the same question you posed here about some of these insignia.
          From what I can tell these all come from the Angolia book and the information repeated by others. In books written before his came out I have found no mention of the Telephone and Radar Operators insignia. So far I have only seen drawings of the Telephone Operator and Radar Operator. I have seen one photo of a Telephone Mechanic badge which you have already shown here.
          On page 94 he shows the antiaircraft badge but if you read the explanation it sounds to me like this did not really exist and it was an improperly made NCO insignia.
          JAndrew
          There are photos of some of these in Angolia/Schlicht's Vol. 1 on p. 108, for instance Fernsprechmaat/Telephone operator career and also of Fernsprechmechanikersmaat/Telephone mechanics career.

So, these really do exist, and in the book there is a reference with order numbers for each.

The real reason why they are so mega rare is not known to me, but I tend to believe it's because when those were introduced into service it was already a late phase of the war and not all units were supplied with all of the new insignia.

Comment

Kriegsmarine NCO career insignia or fantasy piece?

[ATTACH]4640256[/ATTACH]

Comment

Kriegsmarine NCO anchor with A : mystery shoulder career insignia badge KM

not the same A, but close and maybe a clue?
              KM NCO badge A Italian sub badge.JPG

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
              X