KM mystery Mickey Mouse suit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KM mystery Mickey Mouse suit

I hope that someone could help out with this one: Its a rubber suit, still soft and in very nice condition. My guess is thats it a special garment for gunners etc that are exposed to the elements, for example on E boats, U boats etc. But its just a guess.
    Attached Files

rr

rr
    Attached Files

Comment

qq

qq
      Attached Files

Comment

ii

ii
        Attached Files

Comment

oo

oo
          Attached Files

Comment

dd

dd
            Attached Files

Comment

zz

zz
              Attached Files

Comment

1. How do we know this is a KM item?

2. Any chance this could be an outer protective suit for a Kampfschwimmer? I think the Wolk suits had lace up arms but I recall photos of suits with looser fitting arms kind of like what some of the Italian Maiale pilots are seen wearing. The Germans used or copied some of the Italian designs. Just a wild guess trying to think of who would wear a rubber suit?

JAndrew

Comment

Oops, didn't wait until the rest of your pics were up. Question 1 answered and question 2: I guess maybe not. Looks more like it was designed to go over head phones to me.

Interesting piece.

JAndrew

Comment

Thank you Andrew. Yes I also thought that the Mickey ears was for headphones, I also was playing with the idea of ear protection for artillery crews, but came to the conclusion that there would not be any reason for ears of this size since the artillery hearing protection are much slicker. Yes indeed an interesting piece:-)

Comment

I saw this thread, I agree, that I would assume that the ears would be for protective against the weather/water. I don't believe that it would be for swimming. I had initially thought that this might be used by a radio operator relaying instructions to his firing team, who's location was exposed, near the waterline or significant sea spray exposed, artillery or gun placement, My educated guess says that it might be more common on a zerstoerer, Torpedoboot, Schnellboot, Raumboot or other mid to smaller size vessel, possible U-boat as well. This is my best educated guess.

This is just my educated GUESS!

Regards,
                      JustinG

Comment

Hello, sorry but is not easy to help you with this one, I have never seen something similar in use on war time pictures. Is clear that the hood seams to be designed for some comunications systems, but is too big for the german headphones used by the KM that I know.
                        Collector of Kriegsmarine and Küstenartillerie items

Regards
                        Eduardo

Collecting Kriegsmarine !!!: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=725610

sigpic "Deutsche Kriegsmarine"

Comment

Thank you for your responce KM Spain. Headphone like these:

http://70.87.163.50/forums/showthread.php?p=4767499

Fits perfect ( I have tried the "largest" set and it was a nice fit) I have seen some footage from S-Boats on Youtube that seem to show this suits in use, some of them with removed hoods also.

Comment

I can think of a couple of guys I'd like to see wear it as it looks rather uncomfortable.

Richard

Comment

I think the ears are little too small, and should be jovially emplaced much higher on the head to pass for a true "Mickey-Mouse!"

-Ray-

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X