Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KM Summer Tunic Puzzling Boards

Hi

I picked this up and have no idea what is with the boards.

A friend of mine says it is Coastal Arty and that they would do this to the waffenfarbe sometimes.

Anyone have an idea?

Best
    Dion
    Attached Files
    Iam Uncle Sam
    That’s who Iam
    Been hiding out
    In a rock and roll band

Attached Files
    Iam Uncle Sam
    That’s who Iam
    Been hiding out
    In a rock and roll band

Comment

Dion, i have no idea about the tunic.

But i see that you have a red curtain, white walls and black carpet, those colors seems familiar

Comment

Dion, it is a Naval summer white tunic for a line officer. Coastal would have the flaming shell between the two rank stars. It should have removable shoulder straps that should have been removed before bleaching it during the cleaning, hence the "fade to gray" for the blue tops and the white bottoms. Very nice tunic.

Comment

I have seen Infantry Waffenfarbe period dyed a different color upon transfer with varying degrees of success on Heer items, Dion - I suspect it was a relatively rare occurrence, especially on something like removable shoulderboards.

Don

Comment

Originally posted by Kondor View Post
            Dion, it is a Naval summer white tunic for a line officer. Coastal would have the flaming shell between the two rank stars. It should have removable shoulder straps that should have been removed before bleaching it during the cleaning, hence the "fade to gray" for the blue tops and the white bottoms. Very nice tunic.

DOH, I should have thought about them being removable. Iam a bit puzzled though concerning the fade to gray, they are purposely made that way ?

EDIT,,The straps got caught in the bleaching process But what is the waffen farbe supposed to be? Grey I would assume?

Best
            Dion
            Iam Uncle Sam
            That’s who Iam
            Been hiding out
            In a rock and roll band

Comment

The most likely scenario is that someone didn't have the dark blue or black based KM boards and used a magic marker on a set of Heer infantry dress boards. Instant KM...until you look at the bottom.

Richard

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X