Gielsmilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kriegsmarine Standard Bearer insignia!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you all...

I just love all those special items that yyou can't find so often.

Sometimes you pay less, sometimes more, but my opinion is that it should always be valuated (in terms of collecting hoby or cash whatever) higher than "ordinary" badges, daggers etc. which you can easily find out there (not talking about rare versions etc...)...

I bought an original photo, so will make a nice special display with that. It will just fit into one empty piece of the wall

Comment

Originally posted by amiklic1 View Post
      Thank you all...
      I bought an original photo, so will make a nice special display with that. It will just fit into one empty piece of the wall
      A photo of one of these insignia in wear? That would be very interesting to see.

Best regards,
      ---Norm

Comment

Other than this one:http://www.wehrmachtlexikon.de/krieg...rmelschild.php it seems that there are no evidences of it being worn.
        I'm sure there is a photo of it in wear out there, and probably it will come to sun before or after, who knows. Since that happen, we must rely on the facts we know.

Here is the photo, it's not the badge in wear but KM standard on parade, unfortunately, as it wasn't regulated as being worn on field gray uniforms:
        Attached Files
        Last edited by amiklic1; 04-30-2012, 10:13 AM.

Comment

For those that think there are no pictures of this in wear, well you are all in luck as I just got this one in from ebay. It was a very tiny picture and I noticed something on the arm so I took a chance and gues what, here it is in all its glory. Not very clear but Enjoy

Comment

300% Increase in size of photo

Comment

I love you!!!

great find...

Comment

Totally off the subject but does anyone know how much those standards weigh? Everyone else in the color guard is standing straight upright but the guy with the standard looks like he is leaning forward to compensate for weight. I had always read that the bigger guys were always selected as standard bearers but maybe it was not just for height?
                JAndrew

Comment

Congratulations! I saw that photo too, and was going to bid on it, but forgot to.

It is a nice reference shot, but too bad it isn't a little closer.

Comment

And I haven't seen it
                    It was on ebay.com or ebay.de?

Comment

It was on ebay.de Would it be right to assume that this insignia was only worn by those who carried the KM embroidered flag rather than the battle falg? As I notice that the battle flag wearer does mot have the insignia.

WWIIBuff thanks for forgetting, although I did put 50 euro on it to make sure

Comment

It seems so.

I've also read somewhere that it wasn't to be wear on green uniform, even by the standard bearer.

Comment

about KM Truppenfahnen ???

Originally posted by JAndrew View Post
                          ...anyone know how much those standards weigh?
                          ...JAndrew
                          Hello JAndrew:
                          No KM Truppenfahnen are known to have survived
                          WW2, so details remain based mostly on photos. As
                          such, IMO, the post #20 KM-Fahnentrager photo details
                          are indeed very nice to see, beyond just the rare KM-FT
                          patch use, but also for showing the flag pole mounting
                          without a heer or luft type unit ring, and jointed pole use.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by oldflagswanted; 05-19-2012, 02:55 PM.
                          sigpic
                          .......^^^ .................... some of my collection ...................... ^^^...

Comment

If I am not mistaken the regimental or unit standard was only paraded on occasions when the dress uniform was worn and I don't think there was a field grey dress uniform for the naval land forces. In other words they did not have the equivalent of the waffenrock.

As far as not wearing the shield patch by the person carrying the RKF can be explained by the fact that it was to be worn only by the standard bearer and not every flag bearer. Also note that only the standard bearers wore the bandolier with socket for carrying the standard and none was used for the RKF carrier or for any other flag.

OFW, you probably know the flag regulations by heart. Would you agree with the above comments? BTW, thank you for that interesting post.

JAndrew

Comment

Great thread and congrats to the winners of the patch and photo.

On the photo, it looks like the tally name has been blotted out. Is that correct?

If so, it might have been a wartime security measure with an official photo.

Could you look at the tally and see if you can read it or not?

John

Comment

KM trooped RKF's ???

Originally posted by JAndrew View Post
                                ...As far as not wearing the shield patch by the person carrying
                                the RKF can be explained by the fact that it was to be worn only
                                by the standard bearer and not every flag bearer. Also note that
                                only the standard bearers wore the bandolier ...none was used
                                for the RKF carrier or for any other flag.

OFW, you probably know the flag regulations by heart. Would you
                                agree with the above comments? ...
                                JAndrew
                                JAndrew:
                                I'm not aware of any RKF trooping regs, but based on period
                                photos it appears that such use was a local improvisation.
                                Especially so, as observed trooped RKF pole tops vary, as
                                RKF's were from ship/depot stores & without an issue pole.
                                OFW

(below) KM trooped RKF period photo examples...
                                Attached Files
                                sigpic
                                .......^^^ .................... some of my collection ...................... ^^^...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X