Two u-boat emblems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two u-boat emblems

I wasn't sure where to post these so mods please move if inappropriate for this forum.

Here I have two u-boat emblems that I would like opinions on their originality.

The first is of a man holding two buckets of water. I was unable to associate this emblem with a specific u-boat using my reference sites.

The back:

The second one is a viking ship. Two different u-boats used a variation of a viking ship as their emblem, but I'm not sure this one is it.

Back of viking ship:

Steve, The Bucket carrier could be for U-596. The Viking ship then for U-83. As to the badges themselves............There is another thread on this style of badge with the markings on the reverse. I suspect they are modern made or at the very least veteran reunion badges. I hesitate on the veteran reunion badges as I have some from the Waffen SS and they are all maker marked on the reverse by the companies in Germany or Austria that made them for the Vets. So leaning more towards modern made junk. Sorry.

Comment

I couldn't find similar threads using the search feature, do you have it handy? Anyway, thanks for the feedback.

Comment

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=582566

Here is the link. The other gentleman had a Tirpitz badge with the same markings. Mike from down under said they can be bought for 15e.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X