Km gfp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Km gfp?

Were there any GFP personnel in the Kriegsmarine?

Hi Paul, Forgive my ignorance, what is the GFP acronym mean?
    Thanks,
    JustinG

Comment

No worries. GFP= Geheime Feldpolizei. These beamte were police investigators who were loaned to the wehrmacht by the Gestapo for the purpose of counter intelligence and etc. They wore special beamte uniforms, specific to the service they were attached to. I have seen examples of uniforms and insignia for the GFP attached to the LW and Heer.

It would make sense that the KM would have their own contengency, but have never heard of it mentioned..

Comment

As far as I am aware there was the MKP (Marinekustenpolizei) and the wassershutzpolizei as well as the wasserstrassenluftschutz but I do not know if there was a spesific GFP

Comment

I figured that I would bring this back up to the top... did the Kriegsmarine have a detachment of GFP, like the other branches of service?

Comment

Great question, and one I had never thought of before. It would seem logical, as even the SS had GFP units (as redundant as that seems).

I would assume that if it existed, one of the volumes of the Angolia KM books would reference it.
            NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Originally posted by PaulR View Post
              Were there any GFP personnel in the Kriegsmarine?
              nein, Paul, keine GFP-Beamten bei der KM

Comment

Thank you all for the help on this. It is kinda strange that this branch did not have a detachment of some sort.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X