No announcement yet.

KM Offcials Sleeve Career Insignia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great items. Those are rare to see around. Thanks for showing.

Comment

Hi Ron great stuff I find these little pieces of insignia just stunning here are a couple of mine, I have a few Admin photos that I will post over time, so you was the one that beat me to that nice photo.

Technical Official Elevated Career

Administrative Official Elevated Career

Administration first type up to 1936

Comment

Photo of first type insignia in wear

Comment

My all time favourite KM admin insignia photo of a reserve official.

Comment

Here are mine.

What exactly were the duties of the technical officers? Were they ashore, at sea or both and why was this field required or even necessary in the organization of the KM?

John
            Attached Files

Comment

What would have been the lowest rank possible for a person wearing the one on the right with the 3 triangles? The Angolia/ Schlict series is confusing in this regard.

Comment

This might help a bit:

http://www.wwiidaybyday.com/uniformen/kmofficials.htm

Comment

Thanks! So Kapitänleutnant, or am I reading it wrong?

Comment

Using an online translator, this is some of what comes up for the technical beamte.

Naval architect, government inspector, government chemist, steward, Marine Staff Engineer, top government building officer, shipbuilding Director, Engineering Director, Port Planning Director, Director of Construction, Building Director underwater weapons Department, shipyard director mechanical engineering, shipbuilding shipyard director.

John

Comment

Originally posted by Leroy View Post
                      Not sure, why could not one be a Vice Admiral equivalent with the 3 arrowhead beamte device over the stripes?

I am not sure really how it worked.

John

Comment

It sure does seem as though the 3 triangles implies high rank of some sort...

Comment

Looks like they were civilians who wore KM uniform equivalents to their positions. Something like in the US Public Health Service maybe or perhaps a special civil servant type of position that while not naval exactly, they got to have a uniform. Maybe they felt it was necessary to get the attention of the KM officers in some sense at a meeting where if they were wearing civilian attire the KM officers would not know exactly how they ranked in the pecking order.

Everybody got their uniform it seems. It might have been a bit humorous to the KM officers to see them in naval garb I would think but not really different that the "equivalent military rank" messages high level American civil servants like to send to military units when they visit in order that they get the treatment they feel they deserve.

John

Comment

Does anybody have any idea how much these insignia are sold for on ebay for example?

John

Comment

Originally posted by Leroy View Post
                              Cuffband and shoulderboards were allocated rank. Eagle badge showed the officer belonged to which category. He could reach the higher category of certain age and after certain training. So it often happened that a jungerer officials had the rank of first lieutenant (2 sleeve and 1 star on the epaulettes), but remained an official "mittleres Dienstes" (1 triangle below Eagle instead of 2)

Comment

Hello all, I asked this before, but maybe here I have a new feedback.

Some time ago I bought some Beamter carrer sleeve insignias and one of them is strange for me.

It's an insignia for a official of the Corp of Reserve Naval Dentists, that was created in march 1940. IMO is 100% original, but looking for information about this one only higher level exist for this branch, so with three rhombus under the eagle instead two.

So why this one only has two?. No traces of the third one.

I think that could be a mistake of the maker as many other baches had 2-3 levels with 1, 2 or 3 simbols under the eagle. Or maybe before the final order that created the Naval Dentist Corp it was said that it had 2 levels and finally it was change. Or we are wrong and it had two level and not only one?.

What do you think?
                                Attached Files
                                Collector of Kriegsmarine and Küstenartillerie items

Regards
                                Eduardo

Collecting Kriegsmarine !!!: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=725610

sigpic "Deutsche Kriegsmarine"

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 8 users online. 0 members and 8 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X