NCO White Top Visor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NCO White Top Visor

Hi, I hope you don't mind me asking for opinionated assistance regarding potential of this visor please. I 'm prospectively interested in this item.

I would suspect the dealer is a member here since his banner is foot noted. It's been on the site for quite some time, but not sure if it's currently available?

My apologies, but only the hyperlink is available if it dos'nt trouble you too much. Thanks for taking the time to look.

Item# F-392 Headgear
    http://www.militariarelics.com/
    Last edited by -Ray-; 03-08-2012, 08:48 AM.

Ray, I have bought one item form this gentleman several years ago and it was a very nice cap. I don't know KM items well, so I cannot comment on your specific cap, but I do see that several uniforms and visors have been sitting on that site for years - i don't know if that is a reflection on the price, or what.

Don

Comment

Take a look at reply #55 in this Thread on postwar labels.
      http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...+der+aa&page=9

From the comparison they look identical, but I can't see the phone number on the hat for sale close enough to say the labels are identical, in which case that would scare me off.

As mentioned in the Thread, they did make hats during the war, but I don't know of a wartime label from them that can be used for comparison. The problem with hats like this are they could have been produced for a cruise ship captain/crew member etc. then humped-up with an eagle & wreath etc..

I'm suspicious of the price as well. I'm into a good deal and won't normally look a gift horse in the mouth, but $1,100ish for a KM NCO white-top?? That's the price these days for a Luft NCO white top which are not rare by any means, but a KM is far rarer and should run nearly $2,000+ for an NCO and $3,500+ for an officer's.

Just food for thought and hope it helped.

vr

Bob

Comment

Y'all are up early in the world this morning I see. It's a big time difference here, but thanks for the expedient replies.

I really soak up what you're saying from all aspects and the first impression myself. I understand any KM visor is quite higher in cost as well.

Thanks for looking.

-Ray-

Comment

Cap is a known stinker and has been on his site for a few years

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X