Nice Uniforms And I see a Gross Admiral flag off to the side

Comment

moleskin tunic in mint condition
          Attached Files

Comment

close up of the rare shoulder boards in moleskin
            Attached Files

Comment

here's a pic of my shoulder boards, not mol;e skin and not a matched pair Unfortuanatly no uniform to put them on

Comment

Hey Oldenburg,

I have never seen an admirals tunic like that - its lovely! Any chance of some close ups of the collar taps?

Comment

Hello Oldenburg,

those shoulder straps are stunning!
                  Never sure they existed until today. Thanks for posting the close up .

Patrick.

Comment

Very nice tunics! Oldenburg, I noticed the bunker background, is it real or photoshopt?
                    Junior.

Comment

Oldenburg,

Thank you so much for your photos Outstanding !!!

The officer set-up and the moleskin turn out to be blue, I gess it's
                      just the photoshot; they are more greenisch, isn't it ?

Karl

Originally posted by DRm
                      Nice items, guys

Does any-one of you have an Officer set-up ?
                      (Or even worse; a General ...)

Comment

Hello all

Thank you for these words.
                        Don't worry for the colors, it's just photoshop who turned them to blue.
                        The backgroup of the officer is real, it's a diplay we made in the muséum for the atlantik wall.
                        Here are two close ups of the admiral boards
                        Best regards
                        Eric
                        Attached Files

Comment

second close up
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Oldenburg
                            second close up
                            Eric,

1)What's the difference between a regular Heer Officer high quality set and a KM Admiral (except the anchored buttons and particular insignia, of course) ? I allways thought KM Admiral service tunics had the particular KM Land-uniform cut.. (absence of lower outside pockets)

2)KM coastal Admiral dress uniform; (the one with the front-piping in arm-color) was this piping Cornflower blue or could this be dark green as well (as was the arm (piping) color of the landtroops of the KM)

3)KM Admiral Schirmmütze; could it have gold-colored cap piping as well ?
                            I assume the one in your photo shows the up-graded Officer version.

4)Do you also have a picture of the KM Admiral greatcoat with cornflower
                            lapels ?

5)And the cornflower piped KM-Admiral trousers...

Many thanks in advance,

Comment

Hello all

Sorry for the late reply

here are some reply to the last post.

The différence between an admiral tunic and an officer WH jacket is that the holes for the dager is made with two parts for the KM dagger.

As I have never seen photos of admiral in coastal artillery wearing the grey uniform, I don't know if there are specific pockets for them.

The piping for coastal artillery admiral was always blue, if you look at the admiral Burchardy's tunic on the bender book number three, you will read that the piping of his jacket is blue, as the color of the collar patches.

The admiral shirmutze was made with green piping, the admiral had to wear an officer cap with classic piping but with a golden tress (sorry I don't know the correct name!!) on the front, the one on the mannequin is an admiral one but it's impossible to know if it's orinal made or not because the cap is the same but with golden tress.

If other members have photos of theyr coastal artillery items, please put them on this tread, it's always nice to see other pieces.

Best regards

Eric

Comment

Thanks for your kind reply, Eric... very useful information...

Indeed, photographic evidence of the Field-grey KM Admiral uniform in wear
                                is hard to find, nevertheless I 've found 3 photos of these Admirals up-to-now; 2 of them wearing the standard enlisted men's tunic with Admiral insignia; and one officer style..

I wonder if there ever existed an officer darkblue -'piped' (dress unfiorm)version as well... or if there is any photographic evidence that shows the wearing of the white summer uniform with Admiral insignia...

Originally posted by Oldenburg
                                Hello all

Sorry for the late reply

here are some reply to the last post.

The différence between an admiral tunic and an officer WH jacket is that the holes for the dager is made with two parts for the KM dagger.

As I have never seen photos of admiral in coastal artillery wearing the grey uniform, I don't know if there are specific pockets for them.

The piping for coastal artillery admiral was always blue, if you look at the admiral Burchardy's tunic on the bender book number three, you will read that the piping of his jacket is blue, as the color of the collar patches.

The admiral shirmutze was made with green piping, the admiral had to wear an officer cap with classic piping but with a golden tress (sorry I don't know the correct name!!) on the front, the one on the mannequin is an admiral one but it's impossible to know if it's orinal made or not because the cap is the same but with golden tress.

If other members have photos of theyr coastal artillery items, please put them on this tread, it's always nice to see other pieces.

Best regards

Eric
                                Last edited by DRm; 07-29-2004, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 5 users online. 0 members and 5 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X