X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shooting lanyard

Hi friends,

i was offered this IMO very nice shooting lanyard 2nd grade

I think it looks like a private purchased one made from silk.

Can anybody tell or PM me a fair price for such a beauty? That one would fit perfect on my parade jacket

many thanks in advance and best regards, guys
    Attached Files

Originally posted by Seewolf View Post
    Hi friends,

i was offered this IMO very nice shooting lanyard 2nd grade

I think it looks like a private purchased one made from silk.

Can anybody tell or PM me a fair price for such a beauty? That one would fit perfect on my parade jacket

many thanks in advance and best regards, guys
    Hi Rüdiger,

I agree, a nice private purchase Schützenschnur. You've probably already seen the thread on these?
    http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=367603

The private purchase artificial silk ones like this are more common to find nowadays than the blue wool standard issue ones, but it's a correct original in very nice condition. If I were to split hairs, I would just point out that the braid itself appears unworn whereas the acorn shows wear suggesting they were "re-united". But I agree it would look nice on your Paradejacke.

It's hard to tell from this photo whether it's a Level 1 with black acorn or a Level 2 with silver acorn as they start to look alike as the surface finish wears off, but I'm sure you'll be able to tell in hand. Anyway a Level 1 would have been much more commonly worn (pre-war and in early wartime before these were discontinued).

Value is hard to pin down, and largely depends on how long a seller is willing to wait. At the prices high end dealers like Weitze ask, they sit around for years unsold since very few people actually collect these things. Likewise with a reserve of 150 Euro or so they sit around on Auction sites unsold.

Even though I've always found these awards very interesting (partly because my Dad had one), I think TR collectors don't drive up the market like for other awards since most of these are pre-war or leftover unworn stock, and of course they don't have the national symbol on them and were discontinued early in the war, so they have only the appeal of a uniform accessory like an ammunition pouch, etc. but with the added interest of the anhängsel.

Best regards,
    ---Norm

Comment

Norm has said all ... a very nice one not easy to find in that condition.
      Collector of Kriegsmarine and Küstenartillerie items

Regards
      Eduardo

Collecting Kriegsmarine !!!: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=725610

sigpic "Deutsche Kriegsmarine"

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
      X