standard bearer insignia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JAndrew View Post
    Interesting drawings. Also note that on all of the drawings the tacks are represented on only one of the flags.
    JAndrew
    That's a very astute observation. Certainly does make you wonder about the white in post #7.

Best regards,
    ---Norm

Comment

Originally posted by Norm F View Post
      That's a very astute observation. Certainly does make you wonder about the white in post #7.

Best regards,
      ---Norm
      I agree...wish I had caught that. Definitely needs to be discussed.

Richard

Comment

Agree with that. And if I may say, the first photo in this thread should be the "Naval winter", but it seems the details are much lower than on the drawing I posted, since the ones in posts #17, #18, #19 and mine in post #25 all have similar amount of details.

But, if you look at the drawing and compare it with the white one in post #17, and than with the blue one in post #19, and with mine in post #25, it's visible that on the white one there is the tack just where the poles are crossed, and on both blue ones there is not, but with all of the flags having exactly 10 tacks per flag, as in the reference drawing:
        Attached Files

Comment

Also, there are some similar details, but also some differences on the one posted by KM-Spain in post #19 and mine from post #25:

The swastika from #19 is more centered inside the white field, since on my piece from #25 it's not. Also, on both pieces left flag pole is ending lower than the right one (mine is a bit left-rotated, but it's lower):
          Attached Files

Comment

I think that the first one from this thread is not with the same details as those shown here, so I doubt in it's priginality.

Of course I can't be sure but the differences are too high even for a handmade pieces.

As this is one of the rarest thing out there to find, with just a few pieces available to public, I think we'll have to wait for more photos of them to be sure and perform a better study.

Comment

Definitely a minefield with all the fakes out there I don't trust any of em.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X