Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My new named Colani jacket

So, here is another one.
    I am proudly publishing this one here. It's named Kriegsmarine Colani jacket.

More info. This "Colani" jacket belonged to Werner Wontroba, crewmember of U-163, born in 1922. died when U-163 was sunk on 13.3.1943. http://www.ubootwaffe.net/ops/boat.cgi?boat=163

Also, the seller stated that two badge loops are for Minesweeper and U-boat badge. It looks possible to me. Which one was on which loop (left-right) ?

Fantastic Collani! Congratulations.

Best regards,
    ---Norm

(I'm just uploading your photos so they don't get lost to the thread.)
    Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the help.

Can I upload in a way the photos are not being lost later, so you don't have to do that?

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by amiklic1 View Post
              Thanks for the help.

Can I upload in a way the photos are not being lost later, so you don't have to do that?
              Sure! Since you're an Association Member now you can easily attach photos (two to each post) by clicking on "Manage Attachments" in the posting window.

Best regards,
              ---Norm
              Attached Files

Comment

OK; thanks. So I am uploading directly to the forum's server, I suppose.

Comment

I like the jacket a lot, very nice with the owners info with it!!

nice catch!

Comment

Now I have a Messjacke (Affenjcake, parade jacket), this Colani (Pea jacket), White tunic and a frock coat, so I plan to slow it up a bit and to equip all those with proper insignia and badges...

The only problem is that, when I see a nice item, I can't resist to give it a try ;-)

Comment

The only problem is that, when I see a nice item, I can't resist to give it a try ;-)
                      Join the club....

Comment

OK; thanks. So I am uploading directly to the forum's server, I suppose.
                        Hi amiklic1,

Yes, by uploading the images to WAF's server they won't disappear if something happens to the other host server you were using. And a jacket as nice as yours is a great reference for other collectors!

Best regards,
                        ---Norm

Here's the image of your Colani's name tag I forgot to add.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Hi guys,

Yes very nice piece indeed! Looking at the pictures I think you can see that it had a nice single piece trade patch, the right one for what you are trying to achieve would be sweet as and return it's beauty further. I also recommend a nice celleon breast eagle nice and Minty and you got a stunner. I like the fact that the bottom is cut as well, this always make the matrose look much slicker.
                          Nice work and a few nice Minty badges for the loops, Donald duck cap, some pants in either white or blue, a belt and Km buckle perhaps and you are sorted!

Keep it up mate ;-)

Best wishes,
                          JustinC

Comment

Thanks for the hints, Justin.

can you explain: "the right one for what you are trying to achieve would be sweet as and return it's beauty further" please.
                            I would try to arrange this tunic as wer original owner's insignia.

A nice celleon breast eagle is a must (I'm still looking at one which is nice enough and with a good price (if anyone knows for a good source, just let me know).

I'm also chasing a good and nice original belt&buckle, so I'll add that, also, but only if I decide it will be on a mannequin. Maybe I'll use frames due to space requirements, at least until I build my own home in a few years, hopefully.

Comment

Hi Mate,

Sweet as is an Australian terminology for awesomeness, choice, superb, killer, fantastic, excellent ...... You get the drift!?

What rank and career was the sailor? You'll need a one piece trade patch with specific rank from gefreiter, obergefreiter or hauptgefreier chevrons. As the collars don't have the gold tress this is not for a maat.
                              Take your time get the right additions it will look sweet as!

Best,
                              JustinC.

Ps - just checked his rank, interesting he got to Fahnrichter zur See. Officer!
                              This jacket is from his rise through the ranks! Nice
                              Last edited by Trance_Eyes; 02-04-2012, 07:10 AM. Reason: Additional info

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X