Kriegsmarine POCKET WATCH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kriegsmarine POCKET WATCH

Post here your questions and pictures about KM pocket watches please.

First one is a silver ALPINA but not the regular standard military issue, anybody more info on this one please?
    Attached Files

my first gut instinct is that it is most probably a fake from eastern europe, but wait to see what others say.
    Last edited by sparks; 01-29-2012, 06:08 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

nice

nice guess but I don't think this one is not a fake buddy; these types with these kind of hands were made before the war, certainly until 1937, here a golden Cal 334 example
      Attached Files

Comment

You shouldn't take offense to a reply that may be partially correct....a great number of prewar watches, pocket watches, and "Alarm clocks" that were made in the 20s & 30s were found unused in Eastern Europe.....many have had "Nazi" markings applied, sometimes amaturishly, and sometimes with great skill and knowledge of what "originals" should look like.....

I didn't see anything that makes this a KM pocketwatch....only a vintage pocket watch.....and most KM watches I've seen were "STOP WATCHES" which would be much more practical for Navigation, Gunnery, and clocking "run time" for torpeados, etc. (a regular watch would be of little use aboard ship)....

Even if the information we give you is wrong, don't bite the hand that feeds you....normally if we reply, it's with sincere belief the the information we are giving is correct....but no one is "all knowing".

This one they haven't even bothered to "dummy it up" with Nazi markings....
        it's really just a period time piece with NO collector value to a Militaria collector....except it's German....

Not "knocking it"....but totally civilian watch IMO.....
        John G.

Comment

thx

thx for your reply John, the golden watch is indeed a civilian watch, but what about the first one (silver one) with the KM markings?

Comment

ALPINA K.M. standard military version Kriegsmarine

ALPINA K.M. standard military version
            Attached Files

Comment

glaser,
              I'm not a German Watch expert so what I'm saying is based on experiance with other German Navy pocketwatches....which is quite limited!

The normal marking for the Kriegsmarine would be the eagle M (either Weimar or 3rd Reich style) not just the appreviation "KM" ......the "KM" might mean kriegsmarine, or something else completely IMO.

I'd have "no real problem" accepting the 1st Pocket Watch being "vintage", but the KM alone doesn't convince me it's Military......unless there's documentation to prove differant, of course!

Best wishes.....and like I said, I'm NOT a European Watch expert....
              John G.

Comment

kriegsmarine pocket watch

KM is quite common on original Kriegsmarine pocket watches and also on wrist watches.
                Attached Files

Comment

I can't say I like the style of the KM on the face of the watch.

Are there any serial numbers or KM markings on the back of the watch.

Comment

ALPINA silver type #1

The #1 ALPINA is stamped with 0,800 for silver and inside another number 1095 (Cal?) and the serial number 600852. I hope this can help identifying it as prewar of postwar?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X