German Naval Officer Breast Eagle in Metal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice gold summer uniform eagle Andy,

Judging from the reverse hardware being welded directly to the back I think it is either tombac or brass but like I said there are many types of mounting systems based on a variety of factors (metal, period, maker) which dont necessarily make the first eagle you posted wrong because the mounting system is different.

I have located both silver and gold specimens of the eagle you first posted in my archives but with a different mounting system. However a similar sytem to he first eagle posted was used by other makers too on some variants. Since my archives are all in "powerpoint" format I cant attach picts here but I can send them to you if you want.

In the meantime here are a few pictures (not too good) of some of mine to show some variations of mounting systems. I can post other variants later when I take picts. Hope it helps

Regards

JC

Comment

https://picasaweb.google.com/1130304...CMju1qC63Z79HA

I think! My Bird is fore sure the real deal,;-)
      After y have saw other photos on this forum and that i have also put in the picaso album
      I have come to the conclusion that IT must nu legitiem. Bus thats what. I (think) hope i am no expert

Best regards hendrik
      Last edited by hendrikvdvaart; 01-05-2012, 12:30 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X