Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice eagle Jean-Claude. I would love to see a clearer picture of the eagle that looks like it has some bullion enhancements!

Here is a AK Cellon cap eagle and a Coastal breast eagle that came out of a US patch book. It was the only eagle in there, the rest were US patches from WW2.
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Kondor

Weird eagle hey? Its definitly not bullion: actually its more like very thin twisted copper or brass wire akin to the 2 wire wrapping you see on lufwaffe second pattern dagger grips (for lack of a better description) I think I've seen this on a few bullion (officer) quality eagles before but never on a EM eagle.

The weatherman told us to expect freezing rain tomorrow so I aint going anywhere if I can help it and I'll take better pictures for you

JC

Comment

Thanks Jean-Claude,

I'll try and get up some of my other KM eagles as well. We also are getting rain tomorrow. So mush for a White Christmas

Comment

Hi Kondor

As promised, here are better picts of the front and back of the flat embroidery KM eagle with the metal trim above the wings (including the original price tag from the 70's: those were the days!). Rather goofy looking thing a bit reminiscent of Big Bird on Sesame Street IMO but I never really questioned its authenticity because it came with others that looked OK...

I didnt remember but I just noticed that all my "officer grade" KM eagles (may they be bullion or cellon or hybrid) have this little line/trim above the wings which makes this EM type bird even odder

I'll have a few more to share later but since I only have very few I'm pacing myself

Regards

JC
          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Jean-Claude! Your foto skills are much better than mine!

Here is (hopefully) a better picture of the AK Cellon cap eagle.
            Attached Files

Comment

By the way, I like that "enhanced" eagle! I have a similar, but with out the additional wire addition. Again, not the best with a camera.
              And you are right, the prices back in the 70's were great!
              Attached Files

Comment

One of my favorite eagles is for the Vets. I've been looking for a nice breast eagle to go with this cap eagle.
                Attached Files

Comment

Agree that these are really super eagles Kondor!

Here are a couple of the hat eagles too!

Attached Files
                  RonR

Comment

Attached Files
                    RonR

Comment

Attached Files
                      RonR

Comment

And the matching breast eagle..........

Attached Files
                        RonR

Comment

And in cloth...........

Attached Files
                          RonR

Comment

Thanks for the compliment Kondor. Nothing to it even for an old non-teckie like me: the good thing I find about digital is that if I take enough picts one is bound to be decent in the lot!

Nice AK cellon cap eagle with lots of detail (and the top wing trim). I am attaching my only KM cloth cap set and I'm not even sure its a set: hybrid bullion/cellon eagle and wreath.

By the way, any opinions (good, bad?) on the eagle in my previous post?

JC
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Kondor View Post
                              By the way, I like that "enhanced" eagle! I have a similar, but with out the additional wire addition.
                              Hi again Kondor

I also have that identical "enhanced eagle" design without wire addition but mine is for Heeres (light gray on green) and it doesnt have a backing. Cant post mine because its in a lost (hopefully just misplaced) box of insignia and badges. Interesting when you can link designs like this

JC

Comment

Beautiful Marinebund eagles Ron. Have seen them before but never the pin back cloth mounted version always the metal ones: there mus'nt be too many of those around!

Again, a beautiful set: congrats

JC

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 5 users online. 0 members and 5 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X