KM Grade 2 Marksmens Lanyard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KM Grade 2 Marksmens Lanyard

I guess that this would be considered a qualification badge in a way, its a KM grade 2 marksmens lanyard. This is the first one that i have seen, i am sure that you seasoned Gents have seen a tone. Please feel free to post yours as well.
    This piece came out of the house that had that KM Pfeife that i posted, hope that you gents like it.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Well Andy C number 2 all looks good to me

AndyC number 1

Comment

Originally posted by Andy C.
            Sorry guys about the swiss cheese thread, just when you think that you can use the computer...............................
            I prefer the holes in the Dutch cheese, they are much more tasty then the Swiss ones!

But the lanyard, I love it, it looks like a great item! Very neat just like the other items you're showing! Andy I think it's a great addition to your collection.

Comment

Hi Guys,

Interesting Schnur. We created a thread on these babies thats gives some info regarding. Interesting that it has more than the 14 knots that are usual for a KM piece. Not to say its not original but just another variation perhaps?

Reference - http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=367603

Cheers
              JustinC

Comment

Hi Andy C.,

I agree with JustinC, not a classic Schützenschnur but that doesn't rule out originality. It's a level 1, not a level 2 (the levels are explained in detail in the thread linked by Justin), and private purchase since it's made out of artificial silk.

The usual examples have 14 knots although a few have 13. The Bundeswehr lanyards typically have 17 knots, but I seem to recall once seeing a 17 knot Schnur in wear on a wartime uniform (can't find it now though).

I'm not quite sure about the pitting of the acorn -- it's seems a bit odd that the surface is pitted and yet the black finish is intact. Usually the black oxidized finish wears down to the underlying silver coloured metal in areas and that lanyard itself is worn which is out of keeping with that intact black finish of the acorn.

All in all, not a classic KM Schützenschnur but could still be okay.

This seems perhaps more like a collection than a cohesive grouping from one time in a sailor's service? (The very worn Minesweeper alongside the mint KM cap eagle.)

Is that an R.S.& S. cap eagle? And could you please post obverse and reverse views of the Minesweeper badge - presumably a Schwerin?

Best regards,
                ---Norm

Comment

Here are some Bundeswehr lanyards from ebay.de for comparison.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hello Norm, I want to thank you and Justin for the info that you have provided me, i have really learned a lot in 15 minutes. I sure hope that this is good, the rest of the KM militaria comes from all over and not just this one grouping.
                    Just thought that i would chuck it in there to make it enteresting. The KM pheife is the piece that came with the lanyard.

Comment

Originally posted by Norm F View Post
                      Hi Andy C.,
                      And could you please post obverse and reverse views of the Minesweeper badge - presumably a Schwerin?

Best regards,
                      ---Norm
                      Now way it is anything else than Schwerin Tobmak 7-waver of Schwerin design type with vertical wide pin and not Assmann or RSS - so it must be Schwerin
                      Cheers,
                      Hubert

Comment

I really love the worn issued pieces, here you go Norm.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Andy C.
                            That's what we thought, classic early Schwerin, worn but still nice!
                            Cheers,
                            Hubert

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X