William Kramer
    Attached Files
    Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Attached Files

Comment

looks very strange to me.

Comment

Is that the flecked Police type fabric? It looks a bit like the KM tunics copying British battle dress, but not really my area. The eagle is a mid to late war type and is an original.

Regards,

Jerry

Comment

Originally posted by Bond View Post
          Is that the flecked Police type fabric? It looks a bit like the KM tunics copying British battle dress, but not really my area. The eagle is a mid to late war type and is an original.

Regards,

Jerry
          Really? I haven't seen this type before. Thanks for the info.
          sigpicLooking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Comment

Sure looks like a simplified M45 cut as we collectors would call it.
            The material does appear to be mottled Polizei but still could have been army/KM used. The buttons are obviously Kriegsmarine...
            So its a mix of parts!
            Definately an interesting piece. Any signs of a previous Polizei arm eagle? (if buttons were not period stitched on)
            It would look good with Polizei insignia if it had not come with a (late war) breast eagle!

You know thinking about it.... towards the end many ship-less sailors ended up fighting as land based infantry in 1945
            so that late war WH breast eagle in combination with KM anchor buttons (if both appear to be period applications) could make sense
            for such a late piece. Using Polizei cloth can be explained as using whatever was available at that time period! (44-45).
            I'm starting to like this odd duck! Any traces of prior shoulder straps?

Here some KM men in field gray coastal KM uniforms undergoing Panzerschrek instruction (as regular infantry men),
            all uniforms shown are standard coastal patterns with KM coastal insignia of course... nothing odd other than their roll...
            Attached Files
            Last edited by NickG; 10-20-2011, 04:52 PM.

Comment

Hello again,

Here's some more photos.

William Kramer
              Attached Files

Comment

So in hand now? No issuance or size stamps, no indications of ever having collar or shoulder strap insignia...
                Never finished? Was hoping it had some kind of military stamps on the inside...

Maybe it was made from bolts of left-over mottled Polizei cloth for civilian use early post war...
                and manufactured in easy to make M44 cut which required little material for a jacket...
                Everything was in short supply...and breast eagle added at a later date... ?? Just speculating...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X