kriegsmarine officer reefer jacket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

km officers reefer opinions

looking closely inside the sleeve lining, i can see where the star insignias have been sewn completely through the lining material. the rank tress have not been sewn completely through. possible addition later of the star insignia? everything else is neatly done but for the exception of the branch insignia being sewn through the lining! thanks so much for your comments, i am thinking period tunic but added stars?

Comment

Someone may have switched branch insignia to "line" officer from some other, less popular, branch.

Comment

What trikes me is the different color of the bullion tresses and the eagle, you would expect the same fading.

Sorry which person would altered a nice untouched specimen for a star of a line officer because it's popular?? How stupid could you be? No sorry i don't believe that Leroy

Comment

km officers reefer opinions

inside the sleeve showing sew through of star..so would this be one to pass on?
          Attached Files
          Last edited by michael leone; 10-10-2011, 01:23 PM. Reason: forgot to add comment

Comment

Originally posted by michael leone View Post
            inside the sleeve showing sew through of star..so would this be one to pass on?
            That's up to you if the price is right why not but if you look for a untouched specimen i would pass on, good luck
            Christian

Comment

I have seen branch insignia taken off and replaced (and when confronting the owner, had it admitted). Stupid, for sure.

On the sleeve rings, I would just note that I have seen bullion stripes on the same uniform (and clearly original to it) where the stripes "toned" totally differently from each other. Yes, I would like to see toning on the stripes, but that is never a "sure thing". The key point is how they are sewn on and I would never buy a reefer jacket without being able to handle it thoroughly, in person, first, to check on sewing, etc. (including signs of wear on the rank stripes).

In this case, I think someone took off the original branch insignia and replaced it. When that happened is something you MIGHT be able to get a feel for.

Comment

Originally posted by Leroy View Post
                I have seen branch insignia taken off and replaced (and when confronting the owner, had it admitted). Stupid, for sure.

On the sleeve rings, I would just note that I have seen bullion stripes on the same uniform (and clearly original to it) where the stripes "toned" totally differently from each other. Yes, I would like to see toning on the stripes, but that is never a "sure thing". The key point is how they are sewn on and I would never buy a reefer jacket without being able to handle it thoroughly, in person, first, to check on sewing, etc. (including signs of wear on the rank stripes).

In this case, I think someone took off the original branch insignia and replaced it. When that happened is something you MIGHT be able to get a feel for.
                If you screwed a untouched tunic you are ready for a psychiatric consult

Yes tresses could "toned" totally differently from each other but that has to do maybe with his promotion during his career?

Comment

You'd be surprised how often people screw with good tunics. Many years ago, it was hard to find an original LW Flak tunic because the red insignia had been stripped and replaced with yellow. That seems to have have slowed down a bit, thank goodness.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X