KM tunic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KM tunic

I wonder if any KM collectors out there can tell me on a balance of probabilities, in which branch of the Kriegsmarine, the owner of this tunic would have served? Based on the trade/speciality patches on the sleeve? Many thanks. Jacques
    Attached Files

Anyone knows what the badges are? Jacques

Comment

Hmmmm...me thinks he was a potato peeler on a garbage scow. Were you looking for something a little more specific?

Your pal,

Richard

P.S. Very attractive uniform...will be killer with the right boards. Nice breast eagle for an NCO.

Comment

Jacques,

Nice tunic. I don't think you have to worry too much about "the right boards."

If I'm not mistaken the metal badge signifies NCO Boatswain.

Next is flak artillerie and lastly, weapons control.

Regards, Mike.

Comment

Thanks for the responses, it has been helpful. Obviously not you Richard. Mike as I am not a KM collector any chance of showing what the " rightboards" for this tunic would look like. Jacques

Comment

Looks to be a nice collani for an NCO. Probably service on a surface ship, but type could be almost anything which was armed. Most likely a minesweeper or destroyer. Any loops for badges?

Comment

Jacques,

I was having a dig at the previous comment. These jackets, often called "collanis" don't have shoulder straps.

If it has loops for a war badge or two, I suppose you could display a high seas fleet badge, or a cheaper option would be minesweeper.

I'm sure others will correct me or add further opinions.

Mike

Comment

Thanx Leroy and Mike. Could it have been for a uboat? Here are some closeup for the loops. Jacques You got me Richard, be afraid, very afraid.
                Attached Files

Comment

Very short spacing between the loops and a U-Boat and a Wound Badge could certainly fit there. Sometimes, in the right light, you can actually see wear from the outer perimeter of a badge and match it up that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Leroy View Post
                    Very short spacing between the loops and a U-Boat and a Wound Badge could certainly fit there. Sometimes, in the right light, you can actually see wear from the outer perimeter of a badge and match it up that way.
                    I found some answers on this pic, flak artillery sleeve badge ,black wound badge and uboat badge. Jacques
                    Attached Files

Comment

Jacques,

I'm sorry...in my haste I thought there were shoulder board bridles, but on a second look I see it is just the shoulder seam. I think it is just fine as is, and obviously didn't have boards, so it is already complete minus awards. Th etabs and tresse are very cool.

Richard

Comment

I got this beauty today. Just took a quick snap. Will take some better pictures later. Jacques
                        Attached Files

Comment

Not being a km collector can anyone please explain when a tunic would have the gold star on the sleeve and when not? Did only officers wore them? Jacques
                          Last edited by jacquesf; 10-13-2011, 08:06 AM.

Comment

Gold star for a line officer. Good looking jacket.

Regards,

Jerry

Comment

What a beauty!!!!!

Regards John

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X