• Show
Clear All

last
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by dagoromagna View Post
      Ok guys,
      I'm here to learn and understand.
      So my tunic is a Collani and It's not possible to have Fahnrich shoulderboards on it...I don't understand, because I've never seen a Refeer jacket with shoulderboards before....
      Please let me know...
      Thanks
      G.
      Hello, reefers from NCO and Fahnrich always have shoulders, even some officer reefers used in ocupied countries had them. The use of collanies by officers and NCO is not rare onboard service, probably because they were warm and harder than reefers, officers added the rank rings in teh cuffs, so probably NCO and Fahnrich added the rank shoulders. I had seen before NCO collanies with shoulders, this is my first one for a Fahnrich.
      Collector of Kriegsmarine and Küstenartillerie items

Regards
      Eduardo

Collecting Kriegsmarine !!!: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=725610

sigpic "Deutsche Kriegsmarine"

Comment

Thanks KM-Spain.
        Hope you like it even if it's your first then...
        Many compliments for your KM collection...saw many items from you.
        Ciao
        G.

Comment

...obviously for me begins the search for period photos...
          German Army had rules, yes, but in the field and later in the war we are all used to see plenty of variations in period photos...that's true for Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine and SS...don't you think?

Comment

Here are a couple of photos posted by Martin W. in the Kriegsmarine Portraits thread showing the difference between the Colani worn by junior NCOs and the reefer jacket with shoulder straps worn by the senior NCOs (also worn by Fähnriche and Oberfähnriche). Noticeable differences in the Reefer jacket are the smaller buttons which flare outward towards the top row and the breast pocket.

Best regards,
            ---Norm
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by dagoromagna View Post
              ...obviously for me begins the search for period photos...
              German Army had rules, yes, but in the field and later in the war we are all used to see plenty of variations in period photos...that's true for Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine and SS...don't you think?
              Of course this is a correct statement, especially in the KM when the unit crew was small, like S-boats, U-boats, Tigerverband, that sort of thing. In other words, the further you got away from a battleship, the more leeway given for crew individuality.

This probably applies to many other areas of the KM also though, not just the small boats.

Your kit looks nice to me. John

Comment

Thanks Norm for the clear pics.
                And Thanks John for your opinion.
                If someone finds some period photos please let us see.
                I'll search for sure...maybe "my" Oberfahnrich wanted a more practical tunic without renouncing to show his status...
                Thanks all! Always good to share!
                G.

Comment

They seem to have Collani with narrow shoulderboards...
                  Attached Files

Comment

Last edited by dagoromagna; 05-26-2012, 05:11 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X