No announcement yet.

KM Breast Eagle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=jack1;8265866]Absolutely you are right to disagree,all I was trying to put over is that manufactures close to each other did outsource and share tools but maybe not in this instance. This has been proven a fact with the NSDAP Badge with period information by a Mr. Jo Rivett.
    I have 2 of these breast eagles my self one KM and one Heer.

I think these may be fake.

Hi Jack,

Definitly not the same dies here but I suspect they dont have that "family look" by accident...Some pieces have a similar look to them probably because the same tool & die maker made them as Norm pointed out. Recognizing that such highly specialized workers were never that plentiful in the first place and it didnt get better with the aging work force or the resource redeployment as a result of war it makes perfect sens that such resources were shared by manufacturers

I dont consider myself an expert nor do I specialize in anything but I noticed these "family resemblances" in a number of instances in the stuff I am interested in (other than summer birds). The Maedicke/Schwerin summer birds are one such instance but just compare an Assmann(2d pattern) Pilot to a B&NL Pilot badge(both located in Lüdenscheid) or a FLL & a GWL Pilot badges (also both in Lüdenscheid) to name a few and they also have what I call shared "signature traits" despite their differences...

I have to disagree with you (again!) on your birds being fake. I showed the same identical set in the pictures I attached to my previous post and have seen many more of these exact same birds in many posts here by collectors that are a hell of a lot more credible & knowledgeable than me! As far as I am concerned they are "right as rain" 1st pattern J. C. Maedicke summer uniform eagles. I beleive them to be the earlier type because of the flimsier more fragile pin (corrected on the second version) but moreso because of the design itself with its round button eye (associated to early wehrmacht birds) and the less agressive breast feathering (diamond shaped instead of spearhead shaped) which is more evident in a "family pictute" attached here. Basically the same kind of "style" transformation (from nice to mean) seen on pre-war vs war time flight badges

If you are waiting for "absolute proof" in the form of a catalog picture or "clear close up picture in wear" to be comfortable with these I have no idea if they exist but I wouldnt loose any sleep over it: enjoy them for what they are

Take care

JC
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by L11-VELASCO View Post
      Hi Norm

Im posting here this button:is a Maedicke maker too

Thanks
      Fernando
      Hi Fernando,

Yes that's the same type of button posted in an old thread along with the Maedicke labelled carton.

Best regards,
      ---Norm
      Attached Files

Comment

Here’s a pair of 1938!
        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Norm and Upbeeck for your inputs

Comment

Beautiful stuff, JC.
            Lovely eagles!

Mil

Comment

Originally posted by Military View Post
              Beautiful stuff, JC.
              Lovely eagles!

Mil
              Thanks Mil, I really like these birds and tons of variations!

Best

JC

Comment

Hi JC,

I sold all of my KM eagles, now only left the desk pieces and cap insignias.
                The Heavy KM ones for summer tunic pieces are actually very nice (and addictive).

Mil

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X