No announcement yet.

Wilhelm Gustloff Tally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

German is not my strongest but isn't it: "Häfen Bremen und seine opfern" meaning "The harbor of Bremen and it's victims" in terms of lost lifes of fishermen and sailors?

The DAF pin makes sense as KDF was part of DAF.

Comment

That makes more sense... I guess I started with the wrong word!! lolol

Comment

Thanks Guys!

Comment

slight clarification

Originally posted by nachtundnebel View Post
          German is not my strongest but isn't it: "Häfen Bremen und seine opfern" meaning "The harbor of Bremen and it's victims" in terms of lost lifes of fishermen and sailors?

The DAF pin makes sense as KDF was part of DAF.
          Although Häfen is the plural of Hafen (harbour), Häfen is actually the name of a district in Bremen containing commercial ports on the river Weser.
          (KdF = Kraft durch Freude)

Ron, is there a story behind that grouping of yours? It's a very interesting combination.

Best regards,
          ---Norm

Comment

Sorry Norm, No significant story. They were with a few other items I obtained from a veterans family.

Ron

Comment

Wilhem gustloff white cap tally

hi

any light about this my new beauty wilhem gustloff white cap tally,which is hardest to find black type or white type as mine and why did they make those differents versions and finally was possible find such white cap tally in robert ley ship
              [IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

i can not find such info in internet

thanks for comments

Comment

Originally posted by L11-VELASCO View Post
                hi

any light about this my new beauty wilhem gustloff white cap tally,which is hardest to find black type or white type as mine and why did they make those differents versions and finally was possible find such white cap tally in robert ley ship
                [IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

i can not find such info in internet

thanks for comments
                nobody knows nothing about those questions about white tally...

Comment

We have discussed these tallies extensively in the past, just need to search a bit.

You can start with this though outside of the forum:

http://wilhelmgustloffmuseum.com/introduction.html

and what applies to Ley, applies to Gustloff.

Basically, it is my understanding that the white tallies were sold onboard during maiden voyages to the passengers, the black tallies followed during subsequent cruises.

The styles changed or they had different styles for sale at the same time. I do not think anybody knows. They are all rare, black, white, stripes, no stripes.

I assume this is one you bought from KM-Spain which I saw for sale recently? It looks the same in any case.

Anyway, do a search here and you will find your answers as best we can ascertain at this point.

Plug in "gala tallies" or "souvenir tallies" also besides the ship's name. It is all there.

John

Comment

In addition, there are good books out on these vessels and you could have found this:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...&highlight=ley

I own a number of his books and all are quite good to find out more about these vessels from which the tallies originated.

A PM to him might work, but naturally, they are not free.

John

Comment

Originally posted by John Robinson View Post
                      We have discussed these tallies extensively in the past, just need to search a bit.

You can start with this though outside of the forum:

http://wilhelmgustloffmuseum.com/introduction.html

and what applies to Ley, applies to Gustloff.

Basically, it is my understanding that the white tallies were sold onboard during maiden voyages to the passengers, the black tallies followed during subsequent cruises.

The styles changed or they had different styles for sale at the same time. I do not think anybody knows. They are all rare, black, white, stripes, no stripes.

I assume this is one you bought from KM-Spain which I saw for sale recently? It looks the same in any case.

Anyway, do a search here and you will find your answers as best we can ascertain at this point.

Plug in "gala tallies" or "souvenir tallies" also besides the ship's name. It is all there.

John

firstable,you are right when you said the gustloff tally came from, i purchased from my friend km-spain this white gustloff tally,another black from milwaukee posted too on the e-stand and a third from tanganjika ship.....,next week i will be getting all of them from him at his home....
                      on the other hand,i had seen before the gustloff museum website and it is an amazing place,about the link you attatch where we can see the book about kdf fleet i can see very interesting that book,very ilustrated with pics,etc,may be in the future i would purchased it

finally,many thanks for your responses and warmest regards from spain

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X