bismarck reunion 1969

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bismarck reunion 1969

hello all, im an ss collector so im not on this side ever, i was offered a half pint glass with the words SCHLACHTSCHIFF BISMARCK 27.5.1941, FRIEDRICHSRUH AND 25.5.1969 it has oak leaves designed in the shape of a propeller, any one tell me what this says, its not my thing but felt it to good to let go For the price, it may yet go on evil bay, regards phil.

-

Anything related to Bismarck must be considered rare, as the survivors were so very few.

Comment

thanks

hi ludwig, how many survived? i paid 20 u.k for the pair in the end, they were very dirty and didnt look as though theyd been washed since the reunion it says hamburg on the other glass, they are slightly different. thanks for the reply.

Comment

-

If I remember correctly 115 men of 2206 survived this tragedy.

Comment

Bismarck Glass

Originally posted by PHILBROWN
          hi ludwig, how many survived? i paid 20 u.k for the pair in the end, they were very dirty and didnt look as though theyd been washed since the reunion it says hamburg on the other glass, they are slightly different. thanks for the reply.
          Hi Phil,
          Can you post an image of it?
          Jody

Comment

dinosaur phil.

sorry jody, im not a full member, even if i was i wouldnt know how, i could send you a picture text if you had a contact number, phil.

Comment

The three oakleaves on the shield are the coat of arms of the 'Iron Chancellor' Furst Otto von Bismarck. This same coat of arms was used on the namesake Battleship Bismarck for obvious reasons.

Tony.
              An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

"First ponder, then dare." von Moltke

Comment

thanks.

thanks tony, i did wonder weather it was the beer logo, and no conection to the ship.

Comment

You're very welcome!

I have autographs from several of the Bismarck survivors. The only survivor that lived in the US, Bruno Rzonca, passed away sometime last fall if memory serves me right.

Tony
                  An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

"First ponder, then dare." von Moltke

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X