Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matrosenobergefreiter Collani

Hi all,

​​​I would like to share some photos of my latest "project", a Collani of a Matrosenobergefreiter and its awards. Being a collector of mainly Greek, British and German Army militaria with a focus on the Mediterranean Campaign, these were my first KM pieces, since I wanted a representative, early-war KM impression.

​​​​​​With the condition of the jacket dictating the one of the awards, I really enjoyed all the related research, and got to appreciate the KM niche more. It's been a learning curve, for sure.

I hope you 'll like it! Feel free to add any comments about any "red flags" of any nature!

Regards,
    Giorgos
    Attached Files

Very nice, well done. KM is underrated - but awesome!
    Martin

Comment

Nice original jacket !
      Nick

Comment

Thank you both for your kind comments, Martin and Nick!

I totally agree with the KM being underrated and - nonetheless - awesome! This one made me consider adding more pieces in the future!

Giorgos

Comment

Agree with the other Giorgos - very well done

I also agree that KM is underrated (which can be a good thing sometimes)

vr

Bob

Comment

Thank you, Bob! Glad you like it!

Giorgos

Comment

The Collani you have is very nice, I have similar and know how good they look. Well done

Comment

Thank you, Rudi! Yes, they are really elegant!

Giorgos

Comment

Sailorskit 009.JPG Here is mine...he looks like brother of your Collani
                  Rod

Comment

Hi Rod,
                    Looks nice, do you have some photo's of the stamp and lining?
                    Martin

Comment

Hi Martin, Not photographed inside, but it has in red embroidery "0 2816 40 S" and in white "BAK 10.4.39 II"
                      regards
                      Rod

Comment

Ah, ok, well that sounds reassuring. From the photo you posted it strikes me as an NVA Colani. But I'd be happy to be wrong.
                        Martin

Comment

Hi Martin, Maybe I need to be concerned, although it was sent with several original WH items last year. I am new to KM, as I collected only Heer since 1955 I have taken an interest in KM since last year. I took picture of the inside. You can have look, your opinion will be of value to me.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Unfortunately the concerns are justified. Added red stitching of the Stammroll number and fake BAK stamp in a postwar tunic. Sorry.
                            Martin

Comment

Not nice to see.... I can imagine the disappointment...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X