Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your opinion on a KM jacket

Hello all,
    I have a doubt about this jacket could you bring me your knowledge and tell me if it is a good Kriegsmarine jacket or not at all?

Thx and best regards
    XC

[IMG]url=https://zupimages.net/viewer.php?id=20/20/n2xn.jpg][/url][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Not sure what your doubt is but I like it. Tunic, boards and eagle all seem fine. Eagle is ugly but original imo. The only thing that puts me off a little is the BAK stamp. It just doesn't look right.
    Martin

Comment

Thx Martin,
      The golden braid around the shoulder tab seems to me really very wide compared to everything I have seen. There is also the internal tab at the neck which seemed to me to have a rather modern seam.

So I worry about nothing does that sound good to you? What do you mind about the tampon? Its new side? Too new? Thank you for your precious help

Comment

To me it looks like a original jacket. There is nothing wrong with the shoulderboards. It is not so uncommon to find Kriegsmarine shoulderboards with this wide golden braid.

The eagle is original but could be replaced.

Have you found any size/makers markings ? Usually the markings are found in one of the sleeves ( See photos )
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Simon View Post
          Not sure what your doubt is but I like it. Tunic, boards and eagle all seem fine. Eagle is ugly but original imo. The only thing that puts me off a little is the BAK stamp. It just doesn't look right.
          Martin
          I respectfully disagree about the eagle: it is a great celleon and original, not ugly at all IMO :-)
          Last edited by glaser; 05-15-2020, 12:23 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Original jacket . Original french made eagle .
            The boards are original as is the braid : the shoulder board is a bit narrower than "normal" and gives this wide braid impression .
            Nick

Comment

Thank you very much for your opinions it helped me a lot to see more clearly. I have not yet noticed the markings in the sleeves I will see that. In any case, thank you again for your precious help.

Comment

Hi, I like the tunic, looks nice and the construction details are ok, but don't like the BAK stamp.
                Collector of Kriegsmarine and Küstenartillerie items

Regards
                Eduardo

Collecting Kriegsmarine !!!: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=725610

sigpic "Deutsche Kriegsmarine"

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                X