Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KM deck shoes and other footwear

Hi guys,

It's time I finish up my KM sailor setup with some footwear. I've been looking at the KM deck shoes, but there seem to be so much fakes around and a good pair is gonna cost me (more than I feel like spending on old shoes).
    Now I came across quite a few periodic photos of KM sailors wearing, what seems to me like, standard issue Wehrmacht boots. Is this correct or are they a different type of boot? And what would distinct them from Heer boots?

And what was regulation regarding footwear? Deck shoes on deck and boots on land?

For what it's worth I've found a reasonably priced pair of deck shoes. Could you tell me if this is a good pair or one to avoid?

Thank you once again,

Julian
    Attached Files

Scroll down to the 3-26 post on page 2 of this board. These show differences but also many near identical characteristics IMO. I don’t know one way or the other if these are good or just another generation of the copies.

Comment

They look like reproduction to me ..
      In the 80's fakes like these moved around already..
      Also the Pakistani are making them.

In all my years I've only seen a few original pairs, so I think they are very rare, like all German canvas footwear.

Jos
      Last edited by Jos L C; 05-11-2020, 08:27 PM.

Comment

I would avoid them, i am pretty sure that the are repros.

Comment

Originally posted by phild View Post
          Scroll down to the 3-26 post on page 2 of this board.
          Thank you, they have similarities indeed!

I figured as much, but I’ll stay far away from these deck shoes, and start looking for a pair of KM marked boots (I think they look better anyway).

Thank you for your replies gentlemen 👍🏼

Comment

avoid then!

Comment

KM boots I think have no hob nails come in non black finish and have a leather Section, added to the toe like a kind of cap, I could be wrong. regards Paul.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Woodbyrne View Post
                KM boots I think have no hob nails come in non black finish and have a leather Section, added to the toe like a kind of cap, I could be wrong. regards Paul.
                Yes I think you are right. I've seen them before, but not there are not a lot on the market!

The only pair I found are these and they're already sold
                Attached Files

Comment

Side seams on the shafts? This is the style of Imperial and Reichswehr boots.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                  X