Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with IDing KM officers bordmütze

Hi all,

I have a buddy that purchased a officers bordmütze off the interwebs today, now he's having second thoughts on it and is worried that it might not be original. He's not really in to how the internet works so I promised that I would try and help him and since I really only collect British stuff I thought I would post the question on here, hoping that someone could shed some light on this cap.

Cheers!

Last edited by sukiyakki; 05-06-2020, 09:56 AM.

Original badges .
    The quality of the pics is not the best to judge this cap ?
    Nick

Comment

I don't like the shape. The stamp is also a red flag for me. Insignia are indeed originals, like Nick said.
      Martin

Comment

Hi guys and thanks for your replies,

Personally I had a good feeling about the badges, but as Martin stated the shape seems to be a bit off and to "high".

Martin, out of curiosity, what are your concerns on the stamping? To me the A looks a bit funky.

If you guys don't mind, I can post more pictures when he gets it home?

Comment

Originally posted by sukiyakki View Post
          Hi guys and thanks for your replies,

Personally I had a good feeling about the badges, but as Martin stated the shape seems to be a bit off and to "high".

Martin, out of curiosity, what are your concerns on the stamping? To me the A looks a bit funky.

If you guys don't mind, I can post more pictures when he gets it home?
          The fact it is there in the first place - as well as fonts and overall look. I believe it is a postwar cap with added stamp and original (nice!) insignia. If cheap, purchasing it for the insignia might be worthwhile. If not cheap, I'd definitely wait for a better example.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Simon View Post
            The fact it is there in the first place - as well as fonts and overall look. I believe it is a postwar cap with added stamp and original (nice!) insignia. If cheap, purchasing it for the insignia might be worthwhile. If not cheap, I'd definitely wait for a better example.
            Noted, I'll pass it on.
            Yeah, the insignia looks really clean.
            Well, the problem is that he already purchased it and I have a feeling that it wasn't cheap enough, not really my problem though .
            Jokes aside, You win some and you loose some I guess.

Thanks again for your help!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X