Opinions on helmet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions on helmet

I have a rare Kriegsmarine, 1 of 300, but it is missing the liner. Any opinions on the value?
    Last edited by John R.; 12-11-2014, 08:50 AM.

foto?

Comment

[IMG]:\Users\doug\Downloads\Documents\GERMAN[/IMG]

Comment

send me foto on kriegsmarine2@wp.pl and I'll put it here

Comment

Originally posted by medtree View Post
          I have a rare Kriegsmarine, 1 of 300, but it is missing the liner. Any opinions on the value?
          Thanks, I must have missed you.

Comment

Is anyone else seeing photos in this thread?

Comment

No, but I have tried a few time. I now realize that I just can not post.

Comment

Originally posted by OnyX View Post
                send me foto on kriegsmarine2@wp.pl and I'll put it here
                Send him your pictures and he will post them for you.

regards,
                André

Comment

I got an email. Nice helmet but Heer not kriegsmarine
                  Attached Files

Comment

next
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Allie. (or Doug Gast/ Or John Robinson?)

Most forums are populated by the same people so your going to be going yet again in circles on this forum as you were on WRF.

And like I told you and Doug about a thousand times on WRF you need to post better photos if you want people to see it is a KM helmet and not a toned Heer.

Your helmet is not one of 300 and again this is not as rare as you want to believe. 5 days and a book does not make an expert.

Why are you not simply asking Ken who told you this was a KM SE M35 SD made to M40 specs what the value is? Again, like I have said twice on WRF he is in the business of buying and selling helmets and is highly respected.

Cheers and confused

Doug

BTW if members here want to read 5 pages already on this helmet go here:

http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/steel-...m-rare-501943/
                      Last edited by DougB; 12-11-2014, 09:14 AM.

Comment

Hello DougB, sorry for the 1 and 300 comment. That was posted around the same time I start the thread on war relic. I now know it is not 1 of 300 and not as rare as I once thought. I know it is a km m35 SD helmet. I know more now because of the time you spent answering questions and letting me know when I was wrong. This is also before I was put in my place and educated on several things I was confused about. I am new to the hobby and I should have deleted this thread and started a new one. I am excited about what I own and wanted to share. I sent pictures to him so he could post them. I should have started a new thread first. I also realize this is not the appropriate form to ask the value especially with the poor quality photos I have.
                        Sincerely yours,
                        DougG

Comment

I will have better pictures to post and share the treasure that has been hidden for too long.

Comment

Looks like you have a nice Heer there, regards, Bill

Comment

Thank you Bill. I think it is a good find. Before i was shown the error of my ways, I thought it was much more rare than it is. It is still rare but i misinterpreted from "German Combat Helmets 1933-1945", the statement about Kriegsmarine helmets being produced at SE with lot numbers (4600-4900) as being all SE M35 Kriegsmarine helmets produced are km. That lead me to believe it was 1 in 300.
                              Since I have started discussing this helmet I have realized how passionate people are in regards to this hobby. Being new and not knowing what I am talking about has been detrimental to the discussion of this piece.
                              As I have been told the pictures are terrible and I should not have even posted them.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X